Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Empty First Class Seats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
...I asked a FA if they could do the upgrades once we were airborne.
Never a reasonable request.
skylady and TWA884 like this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I assumed the answer to that would be "no", but the whole situation was unreasonable.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The same people on FT who whine that domestic F really isn't any great shakes, also whine when it isn't free. TCON for 5 stickers ($200) is not a particularly bad deal.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I once made a reasonable request.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by enviroian
If you have a high EQD it's probably to clear as an EXP but at least you put your SWU to good use.

Did you even show up on the upgrade list? Did your SWU clear at booking?
If avoid DFW as a plat pro I run about 75% or better but now I jinxed myself. I've even gotten a couple out of DFW and CLT to "regional type airports.

I see a lot of open seats. But then again I don't fly hub to hub a lot
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by Ceres
If avoid DFW as a plat pro I run about 75% or better but now I jinxed myself. I've even gotten a couple out of DFW and CLT to "regional type airports.

I see a lot of open seats. But then again I don't fly hub to hub a lot
I see less open seats on United. And I get a great view walking through boarding as a silver lol

this week’s loads are very light so I might get a shot at the front on my UA flight in the morning.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Exp
4 empty on a CR9 today out of CLT and only one on upgrade list and no non rev either
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Are there any PLTs or GLDs that actually buy stickers? I had no idea!
Pftt would love to use a few of the 58 that I have😑
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
3/12 in First on an E75 PHL-DSM last Saturday. There were elites in Y who stayed in Y while those of us in F enjoyed the empty cabin
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
ORD/CLT 3PM today 2 empty and 3 of 3 on list cleared. As EXP weekly I always clear T-28 never earlier.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by CMK10
3/12 in First on an E75 PHL-DSM last Saturday. There were elites in Y who stayed in Y while those of us in F enjoyed the empty cabin
I certainly wouldn't purchase 2 stickers for this route especially on the E75, which is a pleasant ride even in coach. Now if I had dozens of them sure I would use them...
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Multiple empty seats in J and F on the 3pm LAX-JFK on Tuesday last week. Not hugely surprising given the timing of the flight and day of the week, but when I checked the upgrade list for fun about an hour before boarding it showed that not one person had even requested an upgrade!
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Fraser
Multiple empty seats in J and F on the 3pm LAX-JFK on Tuesday last week. Not hugely surprising given the timing of the flight and day of the week, but when I checked the upgrade list for fun about an hour before boarding it showed that not one person had even requested an upgrade!
While it's extremely rare nowadays, it was PPro/EXP/CK-less in Y cabin.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
While it's extremely rare nowadays, it was PPro/EXP/CK-less in Y cabin.
The three CKs I saw were all in F.

It was quite a contrast to the outbound JFK-LAX on Friday evening (the 5.15pm departure) that was completely full in J for weeks leading up to the flight, F still had a few empties until closer in and my wife saw one J passenger upgrade to F onboard. Based on what she said it sounded as it if were a miles+copay deal. Not being an AAdvantage person I didn't realise you could upgrade onboard in that way.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Fraser
The three CKs I saw were all in F.

It was quite a contrast to the outbound JFK-LAX on Friday evening (the 5.15pm departure) that was completely full in J for weeks leading up to the flight, F still had a few empties until closer in and my wife saw one J passenger upgrade to F onboard. Based on what she said it sounded as it if were a miles+copay deal. Not being an AAdvantage person I didn't realise you could upgrade onboard in that way.
I had that happened to me once - my seat mate at J was upgraded last minute to F on JFK - SFO (late pm departure too).

If it comes to M+Copay, I personally don't think it's a good deal as the copay is $175 (not for CK). Upgrading at gate means missing the FFD experience as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.