Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stream To Personal Device Availability

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
Fine. But you're missing out on some really exciting credit card offers that the credit card saleswoman wants to tell you about.
Not really-they've got it set up in such a way that there are 2 pop-up ads for that ****** credit card that come up during the login process for the streaming.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: *wood Marriott P-life, *alliance UA MM, AA MM
Workaround for credit card and PA interruptions

Moved to a different solution for IFE to minimize OA and credit card noise:

Download Netflix choices to a small iPad

Additional advantage: IFE now works with Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones.

Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Segments

You don’t. I’ve occasionally started streaming before take-off and routinely finish up a movie while taxiing to the gate.
i just checked this on my last three flights and streaming did not start until well after takeoff. In each case about 40 min after boarding. This is on the cell service GoGo equipped planes.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
Internet vs. WiFi access have little to do with each other. The current system streams content over the aircraft's internal WiFi and does not depend on external servers to feed that content. Thus, does not matter whether one is over the midwest or the mid-Pacific.

I am also not sure I understand the complaint about losing service on the ground. I have not found that to be the case. While Internet access shuts down, streaming does not (unless there is a glitch on the particular aircraft).
The last time I flew to Puerto Rico six weeks ago, the legs between CLT-SJU and SJU-MIA had onboard streaming but the WiFi cut out while over the water which prevented anything from streaming. None of us had any AA provided on-board entertainment for the majority of the flight time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.