Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Gate agent upgrades friend / employee over FF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gate agent upgrades friend / employee over FF

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by mvoight
NONSENSE - It is possible to get added to the upgrade list after clearing standby, unless the GA has a friend they really want to upgrade.
​​​​​​
Read my reply again - never said it wasn't possible, just that I didn't think that was the *requirement*. Happy to be proved wrong by someone who knows as opposed to anecdotal successes (of which I also said happen).
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Yes you must inform the GA that if you clear the standby you'd like to get on the upgrade list. Hopefully the OP will clarify what he told the GA. Most GA will comply with your wish if there are seats are available. Now the question is should the OP a revenue customer trump an non rever standing by for F?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:30 am
Suspended

Question

Originally Posted by enviroian
Please fully report this rogue flight attendant. She needs to be terminated immediately.

spewing BS to the OP about upgrade list, apparently upgrading someone else friend/employee. Anything else?
Try again.

Or, maybe I should slow down; do you know the difference between a gate agent and a flight attendant?
DoctorORD and GFrye like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please fully report this rogue flight attendant. She needs to be terminated immediately.
She?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
She?
Yes. Usually the pronoun of choice when you talk about people whose gender you don't know.
Like when referring to the scientist, they use "she" because 95% of scientists are female. Or engineer at Google.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Try again.

Or, maybe I should slow down; do you know the difference between a gate agent and a flight attendant?
he, she, gate agent, flight attendant, basset hound, whatever. You knew what I meant.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Yes you must inform the GA that if you clear the standby you'd like to get on the upgrade list. Hopefully the OP will clarify what he told the GA. Most GA will comply with your wish if there are seats are available. Now the question is should the OP a revenue customer trump an non rever standing by for F?
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Nobody is arguing that after clearing standby, one can't be added to the upgrade list. We all understand that.

What is being argued is that once standby pax are cleared, the GA has no obligation to add those cleared pax to the upgrade list. It is up to the pax to ask the GA to be added to the upgrade list but only once pax has Y boarding pass in hand.
My understanding is that if I want to standby for F and Y, I tell them that when I get added to the standby list. I've done that several times. Usually they tell me that they upgrade all confirmed pax on the list before they upgrade anyone on standby but I get F (well J) as a standby pax occasionally. And ... I'm not talking about standing by for a earlier flight when I have confirmed F.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Yeah. Dob on them.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:35 pm

Was it a flight attendant, or gate agent?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skylady
Was it a flight attendant, or gate agent?
He just knows it was a woman of some type.
TWA884, Djokison and GFrye like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
This is American Airlines being discussed. Why would you have any expectation that established policies would be reliably followed by employees, and that management would have the desire and ability to enforce negative consequences for employees who ignore those policies?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
He just knows it was a woman of some type.
I was thinking, if you are going to call for termination, might want to make sure you get the right person.
JDiver, JonNYC, C17PSGR and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:19 pm

Just for the record, a company employee doesn't have to be traveling "non-revenue" to be on a plane. There are an assortment of positive space passes, which allow that person to be placed on the upgrade list and be seated in F before standbys are accommodated.
JDiver, JonNYC, C17PSGR and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by skylady
I was thinking, if you are going to call for termination, might want to make sure you get the right person.
I had a complaint a few years ago about an awful ticket counter agent at LGA. When I emailed, the customer care agent repeatedly apologized about the gate agent for my flight in her inane responses. I emailed back at least six times, entirely to clarify that I was not talking about the gate agent, and did not want the gate agent to get in trouble! Nothing I wrote could seem to convince this agent to actually read my emails, or to pass the issue to a supervisor who would.

Eventually I got the twitter team to get a supervisor to respond to me, who apologized pretty sincerely and assured me that she had corrected the file regarding which employee I was talking about.

It was surreal.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
sounds surreal

Last edited by jcatman; Oct 26, 2018 at 9:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.