Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Gate agent upgrades friend / employee over FF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gate agent upgrades friend / employee over FF

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Writing this post from a flight where I was able to just barely make the earlier flight, Flagship lounge had no issue doing the standby and into R space (at least that’s what my request card said). So it’s very much possible.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I've missed something. From where to where is this flight. In my vocabulary "Terminate" and " Annihilate" are synonymous. Rather an extreme reaction?
In the US and in this context, "terminate" means to end someone's job or employment.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
In the US and in this context, "terminate" means to end someone's job or employment.
“Sacked”
TravelLawyer and jcatman like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:35 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Bless you, my evil sense of humour got the better of me. It just seemed an awful song and dance about being denied an upgrade. I understand that this all revolved around what the Gate Agent is alleged to have said (frankly I wouldn't do that job for a pension).

A couple of years ago, I had worked from London and needed to go on to HNL due to a problem with my condo in Waikiki. I bought the cheapest ticket that I could from LAX and went onto the upgrade list. We landed and I did not have time to change out of uniform. I went to the Gate expecting nothing. Probably due to the presence of a 757 with a lot more seating in F as I recall, my name was called. As I got aboard someone had a "go" at me as their wife was "back there", he was am Ex-Plat and what was I doing there etc.I told him that were he, God Forbid, my husband I'd divorce him for taking the F seat and leaving me back there. The other passengers burst out laughing and deflated he returned to his seat which happily was not next to mine. People cam so eaasily get hold of the wrong end of the stick when they're not party to the full facts and what was actually said or done.
SK, Andriyko, TravelLawyer and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.