Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Any way to see EQMs to be earned on existing reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP AA, Hilton Diamond

Hi FT'ers

Does anyone know if there is a way to look up the EQMs to be earned on an existing reservation that is booked? Obviously is that's time of year when I'm planning very carefully to try and get to EXP again.

I know the AA web site shows it to you as part of the booking process, but after booking a ticket, is here any way to go back and see the EQMs and EQDs to be earned?

Any tips appreciated!

Mike
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mikeriegel1
Hi FT'ers

Does anyone know if there is a way to look up the EQMs to be earned on an existing reservation that is booked? Obviously is that's time of year when I'm planning very carefully to try and get to EXP again.

I know the AA web site shows it to you as part of the booking process, but after booking a ticket, is here any way to go back and see the EQMs and EQDs to be earned?

Any tips appreciated!

Mike
it’s annoying but I don’t think so.....I usually resort to doing another dummy booking to get the exact amount.
jcatman likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Not directly once you pass the payment screen but at any time you can use the fare letters and airport codes to calculate plus or minus a few EQMs what you’ll earn at https://cwsi.net/m/aacalc.aspx
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: CK or bust
It’s a secret though, you can’t tell other FTers....

Originally Posted by samwise6222

sorry for reviving this old thread. But after coming back from Asia... but......
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Originally Posted by enpremiere
It’s a secret though, you can’t tell other FTers....

hey you....
no1cub17 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:21 pm

EQD, at least on all the ones I've looked at was within $1 of what was on the Passenger x1 line at the bottom of the reservation. EQM is great circle mapper between airports for each segment.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
For EQMs. go to the great cirle mapper at Great Circle Mapper .. put in your flight, ie ONT-PHX-DCA .. and any segments under 500 miles, add the difference to the total. This will get you an accurate EQM.

ie:

ONT-PHX 325
PHX-DCA 1979
======
2303 + (500-325) = 2478 EQM

can't help you with EQD's
Old Oct 24, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
MileCalc :: The Ultimate Mileage Calculator for Frequent Flyers

Always pretty spot-on from my experience in calculating AA EQMs.

EQDs are shown when you look up your trip on AA.com as the passenger fare as described above.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seigex
For EQMs. go to the great cirle mapper at Great Circle Mapper .. put in your flight, ie ONT-PHX-DCA .. and any segments under 500 miles, add the difference to the total. This will get you an accurate EQM.

ie:

ONT-PHX 325
PHX-DCA 1979
======
2303 + (500-325) = 2478 EQM

can't help you with EQD's

Just make sure that units are set to statute miles (default) if you use gcmap. Not nautical miles or kilometers. Some people change the dropdown.
seigex likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K 3MM, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium Life Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for providing this AA calculator. Currently on a MR SAN-DFW-PEK-HKG-LAX-SAN in fare basis I and a RT in Y IAD-CLT-SAN. If this has calculated what I will earn correctly on this run I will break 100K by 450, PQD by $192 and be finished for the year and have my EXP till 2020. Flight back to SAN is on Oct 31st and IAD Nov 1st.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.