Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Call from AA, booking cancelled: CX did not confirm segment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Call from AA, booking cancelled: CX did not confirm segment

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by enpremiere
It's just nuts that in this day and age a customer creates a booking but that it's still a crap-shoot whether or not it actually gets ticketed. For infrequent flyers who don't check on the status of the ticket to prod the right desk to forward it on and get the ticket issued, it's even more ludicrous.
As long as airlines continue to use 1960's=era technology (and I mean that in the BEST sense), this sort of thing will happen from time to time. As other posters have mentioned, there are specific airlines where it is most likely to happen. These airlines are very protective of their inventory and don't trust AA to directly access their inventory.

That said, anytime you purchase a ticket from aa.com, everyone should check back and make sure that status changes to "Ticketed".
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The OP received a telephone call to inform of the ticketing issue - there was no need to check on status of ticket and discover that it was still unticketed
Yes, though it's not clear how long elapsed between booking and the notification from AA. If it was a couple of days, that's reasonable IMO. But if AA didn't notify him for 2 weeks, that's a problem.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by bl393
I reserved and paid for two tickets online from LAX to HKG for end of nov ....
Originally Posted by bl393
Correct it was booked not ticketed from an online purchase on aa.com
Hyperbolic thread titles which are untrue and designed to be clickbait are unhelpful. You didn't have a ticket because you never paid for it. Thus no ticket was never cancelled.

Something more along the lines of, "AA Unable To Ticket My Itinerary Due To Probs With CX" would be a better, and more accurate, thread title, no?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For chrissake, if the title used “reservation” instead of “ticket” it would be more technically correct, but it’s not clickbait in either case.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by enpremiere
It's just nuts that in this day and age a customer creates a booking but that it's still a crap-shoot whether or not it actually gets ticketed. For infrequent flyers who don't check on the status of the ticket to prod the right desk to forward it on and get the ticket issued, it's even more ludicrous.
1. OP was affirmatively notified.
2. One need not check online, what one must do is assure that one receives an e-ticket receipt by email. OP did not.

This issue has little to do with technology and everything to do with carriers such as CX wanting to take advantage of IATA ticketing rules. CX could easily confirm positive space in seconds if it wanted to do so.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Often1
1. OP was affirmatively notified.
2. One need not check online, what one must do is assure that one receives an e-ticket receipt by email. OP did not.]
Notified that the ticket couldn't be issued...

Good for the OP that they were contacted so that they were aware and could take steps when the original bucket is no longer available. The point is that in this era of EDI in other industries, the ticketing crap-shoot is just ridiculous. Realistically, how would a non-frequent flyer know that they should look for a ticketing confirmation? From their perspective, they went to the site, saw what they assumed to be a revenue ticket, entered payment information, and now they're told "sorry, despite the fact that we showed you this revenue fare, you can't have it."

Does the irregular flyer know the difference between a reservation, a booking, a PNR, and a ticket? Probably not. If I go to a movie theater and buy a ticket, did I buy a booking and a little minion in the back then checks and sees if they have seats before giving me a ticket at the already agreed-upon price ahead of entering the cinema or telling me that they're sold out at that level? That's just junk.

Anyone who makes excuses today about the need for days of waiting for tickets to be issued (or not) when the booking deserves to work for an airline, preferably a miserable LCC. That industry just needs to be completely disrupted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.