Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infrequent flyer woes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Fortunately I don't have the seat purchase issue. Of course, I know a lot of people who do.
After reading the thread, I then decided to check my MIA to DFW flight for mid Nov
Sure enough, the 777 was now a 737, so no more Prem Econ seats for MCE
I was able to resched for an earlier 777 flight due to AA's policy of the ability to change or refund due to equipment change
I wanted the earlier afternoon flight anyway, but it was priced higher, presumably due to cruise passengers (Saturday)
Now trying to decide if we want seats together in PE in the 4 seat middle or both of us in a 2 seat side of Row 17 (MCE)
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by mvoight
Fortunately I don't have the seat purchase issue. Of course, I know a lot of people who do.
After reading the thread, I then decided to check my MIA to DFW flight for mid Nov
I was able to resched for an earlier 777 flight due to AA's policy of the ability to change or refund due to equipment change
I wanted the earlier afternoon flight anyway, but it was priced higher, presumably due to cruise passengers (Saturday)
Now trying to decide if we want seats together in PE in the 4 seat middle or both of us in a 2 seat side of Row 17 (MCE)
Well the PE seats are regular domestic first class seats, so unless you really have to have a window I would stick with the PE seats.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I have a DFW-MIA leg in December on a 777 in which I have three PE seats for me and the family right now. I watch that flight like a hawk. (and the return, which is just on a 737 but I am hoping changes in some way that allows me an angle to be in PE on a 777 on the way back).
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by HiAperture
Well the PE seats are regular domestic first class seats, so unless you really have to have a window I would stick with the PE seats.
Well, the choice is between sitting with just the 2 of us on the side with regular seats, and no ESAs in the row, or PE in a row of 4
Old Aug 17, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Normal and no different than every other airline. Being a non-status flier sucks
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Well, the choice is between sitting with just the 2 of us on the side with regular seats, and no ESAs in the row, or PE in a row of 4
This choice still sounds so much better than the OP's choice (Y or later flight)
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Redhead
Normal and no different than every other airline. Being a non-status flier sucks
In these scenarios, even status wouldn't have helped given the "once boarded, we won't de-board or downgrade" mantra. Involuntary downgrades are brutal but then again, there are worse things in life such as the 737 Max.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.