Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New beers coming to AA 1 Sep 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by kahdgar
A bit OT, but I've still got 2x bottles of 2012.... no idea when I'm going to drink them.
I'd drink them soon, the aging rec is usually maxed at 5 years. I had a bottle of 2011 last year and it seemed like it was about to go bad.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by controller1
I use the app UNTAPPD. It keeps track of what beers you've had, where you had them and what score (1-5) you gave them. It also keeps track of the average score worldwide. Additionally, for IPAs it also shows the IBU (hoppiness) of the beer.

For example, Voodoo Ranger has an average score of 3.68 while Goose IPA has an average score of 3.54.

For the other beers available on AA: Heineken is 2.92. Miller Lite is 2.43. Bud Light 2.27. Corona 3.06. Not sure if they have those beers or not. I don't drink them (unless that's all there is and they are free!).

If you're a beer nerd, it's a fun app to have!
I love UNTAPPD, though there needs to be a better system for reporting at airports. Nothing worse than when I search for 'nearby' beers or venues and they are 5 miles outside the airport. Maybe in Austin, where I could feasibly slip out and go to Live Oak, would I take the chance of leaving. The airports, like the planes themselves, are full of fake craft crap (yes, that's you SAM ADAMS and GOOSE) or domestic macro beers. There are some exceptions, though not many: PHL terminal C has a good beer bar at the end of the terminal and Cat Cora's in the SFO termnal has good stuff as well. Otherwise, it's pretty lame. That's it...I'm starting a thread...
controller1 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Score8
I love UNTAPPD, though there needs to be a better system for reporting at airports. Nothing worse than when I search for 'nearby' beers or venues and they are 5 miles outside the airport. Maybe in Austin, where I could feasibly slip out and go to Live Oak, would I take the chance of leaving. The airports, like the planes themselves, are full of fake craft crap (yes, that's you SAM ADAMS and GOOSE) or domestic macro beers. There are some exceptions, though not many: PHL terminal C has a good beer bar at the end of the terminal and Cat Cora's in the SFO termnal has good stuff as well. Otherwise, it's pretty lame. That's it...I'm starting a thread...
If you're willing to venture out of the AUS airport during a layover for craft brew, don't miss out on Hops and Grain (Hops & Grain ? Award Winning, Craft Brewery in Austin Texas) or Zilker Brewing (https://www.zilkerbeer.com/) which are both about 6 miles away..
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:39 pm

Dang, you guys are snobby about your beer.

My beer always taste good as long as it t has world class brisket (Franklins, Hutchins) to go with it.
😜
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:32 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by shaddie
Dang, you guys are snobby about your beer.

My beer always taste good as long as it t has world class brisket (Franklins, Hutchins) to go with it.
😜
Dont forget Opies in Spicewood TX as world class BBQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.