FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   New beers coming to AA 1 Sep 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1925424-new-beers-coming-aa-1-sep-2018-a.html)

JDiver Aug 15, 2018 6:02 pm

New beers coming to AA 1 Sep 2018

1 Attachment(s)
New actual beers coming the beginning of September.

AA says “craft beer”, but these days, maybe or maybe not.

Goose Island: Goose Island Brewery, Chicago, IL (Anheuser-Busch InBev)

Fat Tire: New Belgium Brewing Co. of Ft. Collins, Co (employee-owned)

Samuel Adams: Boston Beer Company, Boston, MA

(Source: email from AA 15 Aug 2018)

Pasqualle7 Aug 15, 2018 6:12 pm

Looks like the end of Voodoo Ranger

JDiver Aug 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Pasqualle7 (Post 30087323)
Looks like the end of Voodoo Ranger

If the email is accurate in its depictions, the New Belgium Vodoo Ranger IPA would apparently be replaced by the New Belgium Fat Tire Belgian White. For IPA, the Goose Island.

I don’t mind a white for hot summers, but I prefer an IPA onboard.

wetrat0 Aug 15, 2018 6:31 pm

Goose Island IPA is not bad, and I prefer Fat Tire to anything else currently offered onboard in the beer category.

Sam Adams isn't "craft beer" according to any serious beer drinker and hasn't been for at least a couple decades. Although Goose Island is owned by AB now they still do produce some beers independently in Chicago (not the IPA though). New Belgium is by far closest to a true craft brewery. It's 100% employee owned. However, it's currently the 8th-largest brewery in the USA according to Wikipedia. I can't really blame AA though, as having to cater these drinks from hundreds of locations means they need to source from companies that have a national presence!

GTITAN Aug 15, 2018 6:37 pm

Very excited to have a Belgian White available! Doubt that they will offer an orange slice with it however! :D

Safe Travels

bchandler02 Aug 15, 2018 7:54 pm

Hate to see this, the voodoo ranger is the best beer AA has right now. Enjoyed it onboard today actually.

Goose is crap, and Fat Tire is severely overrated hipster beer.

muishkin Aug 15, 2018 8:14 pm

AA should dump Sam Adams and look into carrying Sierra Nevada.

Science Goy Aug 15, 2018 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by bchandler02 (Post 30087601)
Goose is crap, and Fat Tire is severely overrated hipster beer.

You couldn't pay this hipster to drink Fat Tire. Ballast Point, on the other hand... :p

C46 Aug 15, 2018 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 30087389)
Very excited to have a Belgian White available! Doubt that they will offer an orange slice with it however! :D

Safe Travels

Any beer that comes with fruits, veggies or whatever is just a glass full of moose piss - good beers don't need additions!

Best regards from Germany! :D

WiscAZ Aug 15, 2018 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Science Goy (Post 30087698)
You couldn't pay this hipster to drink Fat Tire. Ballast Point, on the other hand... :p

Ballast Point > Goose > Voodoo

When it comes to IPAs

KD5MDK Aug 15, 2018 10:34 pm

This is why we need service to BRU, to correct all the overly sensitive Germanic purists.

teemuflyer Aug 16, 2018 4:58 am

I think I'll miss the Voodoo, but a broader choice of more flavorful brews is definitely directionally a good move by AA.

More challenging would be to get some "craft" brews from non-US locations to be added to the selection on Int'l flights sourced from the respective countries. Craft Australian, please, craft Czech, please.. (you get the picture ;-) ).

bchandler02 Aug 16, 2018 6:50 am

I would like to see AA branch out on beers, but hopefully this is a start. There's some really good stuff out there (Chimay, St Bernardus, Guinness come to mind off the top of my head).

The problem is that 95% of the people I know (and likely the public) don't know many beers beyond the domestic 3 sewage that they grew up on. Many cannot stand darker beers that actually have flavor.

BThumme Aug 16, 2018 7:12 am

These are the same beers United serves. Guessing it's a cost-savings measure.

CHOPCHOP767 Aug 16, 2018 8:44 am

Disappointed to see Voodoo disappearing... That IPA has made many a rolling delays just a bit more pleasant (tolerable) in flight :)