Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Temporary “Premium Lounge” DFW (CLOSED 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The interim “Premium Lounge” opened with the closing of the original Terminal D Admirals Club and interim “Flagship Dining” facility in what had previously been the smoking room. The Terminal D Admirals Club closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
The DFW Terminal D interim Premium Lounge was accessible from near Gate 36.

The access policy for the interim Premium Lounge was the same as the American Flagship Lounges located at ORD, JFK, LAX, and MIA: First Class and Business Class on a qualifying international flight or AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum status with AA (oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status) in any cabin on a qualifying international flight.

It is NOT accessible to Admirals Club members not meeting the criteria above; the qualifying international flight must be flown the day of access or by 6 am the following day.

Extended food options are available, and premium alcoholic beverages at the tiki bar, Express machines. Better than the Club, not as good as FFD. Furnishings are temporary, mostly recycled from the pre-refurbishment A and closed D Clubs. Spacious, dated, better than the gates waiting areas and often less crowded than the Centurion Club. See Andy’s illustrated report on BoardingArea here.

The lounge will be replaced by a true Flagship Lounge with Flagship First Dining, serving qualifying passengers on other oneworld airlines in addition to AA “sometime in 2019”.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Temporary “Premium Lounge” DFW (CLOSED 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Every time I have visited this Temporary Premium Lounge during the past year, they have never verified that the person traveling with me is ticketed on an onward Oneworld flight.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by brp
Sorry. BA Silver. I misspelled 'B'

Cheers.
Always enjoyed your contributions during my earlier FT days. I was thinking there's no way you'd make a mistake like that, but I was confused because VA actually has a Silver status, as well!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:34 pm

Sorry after reading all this I'm still not quite clear - can I use this lounge as a BA Gold (=OWE) on a domestic AA flight?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by just_starting
Sorry after reading all this I'm still not quite clear - can I use this lounge as a BA Gold (=OWE) on a domestic AA flight?
yes. See the DFW section here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/clubs/flagship-lounge.jsp

Oneworld® EmeraldSM and SapphireSM

Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin).
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
yes. See the DFW section here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp

Oneworld® EmeraldSM and SapphireSM

Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin).
Thanks! Maybe if we removed the bits in brackets it would be a bit clearer - I don't understand what it adds to the statement other than confusion, if the second bit doesn't apply for non-AA oneworld status holders?

AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum status with AA (oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status) in any cabin on a qualifying international flight.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:44 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by Antarius
Several years ago would have been the Admirals Club by D23?

This is basically a large room with furniture, the same snacks as the AC, sometimes some actual food (nothing special) and the horrid Nescafe coffee. The Centurion is much better as is the renovated A club.
Maybe. My trips to the Centurion in DFW have shown it to be packed, every time. Slightly better stuff, but way more people.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by boerne
Maybe. My trips to the Centurion in DFW have shown it to be packed, every time. Slightly better stuff, but way more people.
The "slightly better stuff" pretty much directly correlates to the "way more people."

Regards
GTITAN likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Late last night the “premium lounge” had the best food I’ve seen there, yet with the worst presentation I’ve seen. They had 2 varieties of boneless chicken “wings” (buffalo and barbecue) and they were both actually very, very good. They also had blue cheese and ranch dressing. The presentation was odd though...the dressings were in lidded individual serving cups and the chicken was in those thin disposable aluminum trays used for catering (one per type of chicken). They also had rice in the heavy enamel pots you usually see there, plus the usual sandwiches, hummus, etc.

I saw half eaten plates of Asian-style chicken strips (which looked terrible) and rice scattered throughout the lounge (in quantity that was a problem in and of itself) so I’m guessing that was the planned entree, they ran out a bit earlier than expected, and ordered the boneless wings from an airport restaurant so they had hot food until closing. This is strictly a guess, though. If that’s what happened, it was obviously poor planning, but I give them big kudos for improvising so they could still offer hot food options.
Old May 11, 2019, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Boneless wings on offer at the premium lounge.

Lol great is what they’re going for!
Old May 11, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by enviroian
Boneless wings on offer at the premium lounge.

Lol great is what they’re going for!
I’m fine with it as long as they’re good...just like I was fine with tacos and wings at the MIA FL. And you know I’m not one to defend the “premium lounge”...

p.s. enviroian, you accidentally left the quotes off of premium
Old May 12, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Only a few more days..

I'm going to miss this thread as it certainly going to be closed in a few days. Worst thing is, I never got to visit this lounge in person, just walk by it..

I don't actually feel that bad.
Old May 12, 2019, 8:31 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'm going to miss this thread as it certainly going to be closed in a few days. Worst thing is, I never got to visit this lounge in person, just walk by it..

I don't actually feel that bad.
I think we’re going to be much better served in the new Admirals Club, Flagship Dining (and for a few, Flagship First Dining) than this temporary space with a used furniture collection from other since-refurbished Clubs and some of the ad hoc food offerings this place offers. I will express thanks to AA that they didn’t just abandon Terminal D travelers to Clubs in other terminals.
Old May 12, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
I think we’re going to be much better served in the new Admirals Club, Flagship Dining (and for a few, Flagship First Dining) than this temporary space with a used furniture collection from other since-refurbished Clubs and some of the ad hoc food offerings this place offers. I will express thanks to AA that they didn’t just abandon Terminal D travelers to Clubs in other terminals.
For sure, I was kind of jesting.. but agree that AA tried something, with varied success and reactions.
JDiver and wrp96 like this.
Old May 12, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
I hope May 16 is a hard date. Our string of TATL flights start mid June.
Old May 12, 2019, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JDiver
I have mixed feelings. This club showed us that AA still had those horrid Nescafe Milano "coffee" machines in storage - a fact that scares me deeply; they could return someday elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.