Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Temporary “Premium Lounge” DFW (CLOSED 16 May 2019)

Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The interim “Premium Lounge” opened with the closing of the original Terminal D Admirals Club and interim “Flagship Dining” facility in what had previously been the smoking room. The Terminal D Admirals Club closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
The DFW Terminal D interim Premium Lounge was accessible from near Gate 36.

The access policy for the interim Premium Lounge was the same as the American Flagship Lounges located at ORD, JFK, LAX, and MIA: First Class and Business Class on a qualifying international flight or AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Platinum status with AA (oneworld Emerald or Sapphire status) in any cabin on a qualifying international flight.

It is NOT accessible to Admirals Club members not meeting the criteria above; the qualifying international flight must be flown the day of access or by 6 am the following day.

Extended food options are available, and premium alcoholic beverages at the tiki bar, Express machines. Better than the Club, not as good as FFD. Furnishings are temporary, mostly recycled from the pre-refurbishment A and closed D Clubs. Spacious, dated, better than the gates waiting areas and often less crowded than the Centurion Club. See Andy’s illustrated report on BoardingArea here.

The lounge will be replaced by a true Flagship Lounge with Flagship First Dining, serving qualifying passengers on other oneworld airlines in addition to AA “sometime in 2019”.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.

Not sure where to post this...but do they have a liquor license yet?I'll be transiting here in December. thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Yes
there is a bartender that will take your drinks order
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by fotographer
Yes
there is a bartender that will take your drinks order
Exactly.

OP, walk in the auditorium, er, lounge, then walk straight back to the tiki hut.
jcatman likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: CK or bust
It's really not much to write home about so I would have used "temporary premium lounge" with more restraint when coming up for a name for a place to seat F/J pax on a collection of furniture from the old lounge.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
Not sure where to post this...but do they have a liquor license yet?I'll be transiting here in December. thanks.
Absolutely, they will serve up your preferred libation in a plastic cup like those used on the planes, or if you're lucky, a more rigid plastic cup.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Whimper..is there champagne???

Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by retirementdreams
Whimper..is there champagne???
There is. I’m not sure what, though. But it will be served in plastic cups.

The best part of the lounge is the packaged chips and the hummus with pita.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Take the tram over to B (or even walk it, the distance isn't that bad) and get free premium drinks (if they are still offering them in December). The north end of D crosses pretty close to the South end of B where the B lounge is located.

Last edited by Rebob; Aug 12, 2018 at 9:41 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:16 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Rebob
Take the tram over to B (or even walk it, the distance isn't that bad) and get free premium drinks (if they are still offering them in December). The north end of D crosses pretty close to the South end of B where the B lounge is located.
Are all of the Admirals Clubs at DFW providing gratis premium drinks during the D lounge shutdown?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
Are all of the Admirals Clubs at DFW providing gratis premium drinks during the D lounge shutdown?
no, only B.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
First I had heard of the free premium drinks in B. When was this announced? Sounds like I've found my new lounge while the Centurion lounge is shut down.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by Rebob

Great idea! I'll try it to PEK on 8/30 and HKG on 9/26
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
First I had heard of the free premium drinks in B. When was this announced? Sounds like I've found my new lounge while the Centurion lounge is shut down.
First I have heard of this as well. Guess I found my new hang out spot.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Originally Posted by scottmlew

no, only B.
Dear All,

I would think that if you are eligible to enter the Temporary Premium Lounge (OW Emerald, Ticketed J or F, on qualifying flights), you should be able to get free premium drinks in any AAdmirals Club lounge via chits

Warm Regards,

Panjabi

Last edited by panjabi; Aug 13, 2018 at 8:40 am Reason: Added "qualifying flights"
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
This explains why it's so busy in there these days.

Used to be quiet in there all the time!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.