Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Is Pre Check Available JFK T8 after international arrival? (to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold

Most airports I use don't have a pre-check option when you are required to clear TSA security after an international arrival. But in many cases, the security line is light because there is a dedicated TSA checkpoint for international passengers clearing back into the USA.

What is the situation at JFK Terminal 8? I will be arriving at 4:20 PM and have a 6:40 domestic departure - all in Terminal 8. Will be arriving on Royal Jordanian Business Class, connecting to AA in F and have global entry. Carry on only.

I see this as an easy connection - but I don't fly T8 - this will be my first time.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Readynow
Most airports I use don't have a pre-check option when you are required to clear TSA security after an international arrival. But in many cases, the security line is light because there is a dedicated TSA checkpoint for international passengers clearing back into the USA.

What is the situation at JFK Terminal 8? I will be arriving at 4:20 PM and have a 6:40 domestic departure - all in Terminal 8. Will be arriving on Royal Jordanian Business Class, connecting to AA in F and have global entry. Carry on only.

I see this as an easy connection - but I don't fly T8 - this will be my first time.
At JFK, after clearing immigration/customs, you have to go back upstairs to the normal departures TSA lines. There isn't a special line for arriving int'l pax. At that time in the afternoon pre-check should be open.

A 2:20 connection should be plenty of time. With GE and carry-ons I've been through customs, security, and in the Flagship Lounge in as little as 10 mins.
JDiver, scoonee, msv777 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:11 am

Get new boarding pass (reprinted with TSA PRE indication) upon arrival at JFK. You can do this either at the baggage re-check/drop off area before you enter arrivals hall (there are AA agents near the exit) or on the 2nd floor - at the check-in area. I would recommend doing this at the baggage re-check area if agents are not busy - this option is usually the fastest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.