Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Current LIM / Lima Chavez Intl. Airport lounge status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current LIM / Lima Chavez Intl. Airport lounge status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
Now that LIM is no longer a "Flagship" destination, is AA providing lounge access to EXPs or J passengers?
I see that most of northern South america is excluded from Flagship access (Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, , Columbia), but the exception would be flying flagship business from LAX to MIA.

I see a flight between LAX and MIA that is a 777 that books into business. Is this a flagship plane? Or how does one find out if is flagship to qualify for lounge access. ..

thanks
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Now that LIM is no longer a "Flagship" destination, is AA providing lounge access to EXPs or J passengers?
Are you asking about access in LIM or do you mean in the US?

Regards
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by scubadu
Are you asking about access in LIM or do you mean in the US?

Regards
Asking about access in LIM. (I know I have AC access in DFW & MIA.)
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: AA PPro
I was asking about flagship in at LAX/MIA with transcontinental flagship service on 777?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:33 am

Asking about access in LIM. (I know I have AC access in DFW & MIA.)
Got it. Not sure AA not calling it "Flagship" really changes lounge access in LIM. The Oneworld Lounge finder shows that you should have access to the Sumaq Lounge, which I believe is the same as before.

Source: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LIM

Regards
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Why does it matter if it is a "flagship" destination or not?
LIM-MIA or LIM-DFW are international flights and as such a J ticket grants you access to the contracted lounge (or if AA PLT or higher or OW equivalent).
SUMAQ is the contracted lounge in LIM.
Nothing to write home about.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by tfizzle
I was asking about flagship in at LAX/MIA with transcontinental flagship service on 777?
This thread is specifically about lounge access in LIM Peru, not general Flagship lounge questions. There is a dedicated thread for that:
Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (in revision)

However, the answer to your question is for LAX-MIA, it must be a "qualifying flight" ticketed as Flagship, which generally ends up being the widebody flights. When you search AA.com for that route you will see results that explicitly say "FLAGSHIP" on the fare. You'll notice that some of the other flights do not have that notation. The ones that specifically say "FLAGSHIP" should include access.

Regards
tfizzle likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carlosdca
Why does it matter if it is a "flagship" destination or not?
LIM-MIA or LIM-DFW are international flights and as such a J ticket grants you access to the contracted lounge (or if AA PLT or higher or OW equivalent).
SUMAQ is the contracted lounge in LIM.
Nothing to write home about.
Well, AA isn't shy about treating their own elites worse than other oneworld elites (e.g. no FL lounge access when flying to LIM), so I wouldn't put it past them to deny lounge access to their own elites/J pax in Lima.

(And I certainly agree that the SUMAQ lounge is nothing special, but it beats the rest of the terminal.)
Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
so I wouldn't put it past them to deny lounge access to their own elites/J pax in Lima.
Why would they?
I have never had a problem entering the lounge when in J or as PLT/EX (when I was).
Even when it was the 757 with the lovely brown leather seats in J.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carlosdca
Why would they?
I have never had a problem entering the lounge when in J or as PLT/EX (when I was).
Even when it was the 757 with the lovely brown leather seats in J.
Why? To save money.

I've been traveling to LIM since the A300 days, and I never had any issue getting into the lounge either, but that was before AA started this new Flagship/non-Flagship distinction. (Heck, I remember having access to the old FL in the E terminal when flying to/from LIM long ago.)

The point is that our experiences may not reflect the current situation.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: Spire Ambassador, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I was just there last week. We had lounge access in lima when flying business class on 321 neo when flying back to usa.
PlatinumScum likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lawest74
I was just there last week. We had lounge access in lima when flying business class on 321 neo when flying back to usa.
Perfect! Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2023, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
As a OneWorld Emerald traveling in Business I was just turned away, since apparently they don’t have an agreement with American. No mention was made at check-in nor any offer of vouchers as an alternative.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by stevebintley
As a OneWorld Emerald traveling in Business I was just turned away, since apparently they don’t have an agreement with American. No mention was made at check-in nor any offer of vouchers as an alternative.
I suspect this was a one off mistake, in business regardless of status you shouldn't be turned away. The OneWorld Lounges site definitely lists SUMAQ as a Sapphire and Emerald lounge, so someone dropped the ball. But don't you have a Priority Pass as a backup?

I never had any issue in LIM on a status based visit in economy (though that was pre-COVID), nor a few times in business. If I remember correctly back then the airline would give you a second boarding pass as a voucher.

Last edited by dvs7310; Jul 17, 2023 at 10:32 am
Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I suspect this was a one off mistake, in business regardless of status you shouldn't be turned away. The OneWorld Lounges site definitely lists SUMAQ as a Sapphire and Emerald lounge, so someone dropped the ball.
The oneworld lounge finder shows that it's only for when flying Iberia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.