Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Current LIM / Lima Chavez Intl. Airport lounge status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit

Flying out of LIM tomorrow morning, and I see that LATAM is apparently in some sort of spat with the Sumaq lounge.

Anyone know what the current situation is for AA J/EXP passengers?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
According to the OneWorld site, AA passengers still have access to the Sumaq lounge: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/LIM/-1
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:11 pm

still Sumaq... enjoy the inca kola
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OskiBear
According to the OneWorld site, AA passengers still have access to the Sumaq lounge: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/LIM/-1
And no mention of LATAM.

Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
And no mention of LATAM.

Thanks!
That is correct. No lounge access at one of their principal hubs. They give you a $20 voucher and wifi code if you ask. The $20 will buy you a single cocktail at the bar.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Looks like Priority Pass has 3 locations in the LIM international departures area, including the Sumaq lounge and two restaurants in the terminal giving $27 food/beverage credit per person. Can be departing on any airline.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
That is correct. No lounge access at one of their principal hubs. They give you a $20 voucher and wifi code if you ask. The $20 will buy you a single cocktail at the bar.
AA ... #GoingForGreat

LATAM ... #HoldMyBeer
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
The lounges are no great options. With the busy banks of flights through LIM, they can get pretty crowded and have limited food offerings.
I think the Priority Pass $27 credit at the restaurant is probably the better option.

Quite sad, given LATAM's improved lounge offerings at EZE, SCL, BOG
JDiver and ESpen36 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Looks like Priority Pass has 3 locations in the LIM international departures area, including the Sumaq lounge and two restaurants in the terminal giving $27 food/beverage credit per person. Can be departing on any airline.
That is true (the restaurant thing is new-ish). The SUMAQ lounge has a special PP line because of capacity issues. You can expect to wait in the line. There's another line for airline access. (I think the VIP Club past SUMAQ remains closed for renovation.)
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Ironically, “sumaq” means fine, good, great, beautiful in Runasimi, language of the Kechwa / Quechua people. Not so much, IMO.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
That is true (the restaurant thing is new-ish). The SUMAQ lounge has a special PP line because of capacity issues. You can expect to wait in the line. There's another line for airline access. (I think the VIP Club past SUMAQ remains closed for renovation.)
Got pass from AAgent at check-in. No line at 4:30 am.

Oranges for the juice machine aren't ripe, and the food offerings are even more sparse than I remember.

#FirstWorldProblemsInTheThirdWorld
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Good to hear...Sumaq is decent if empty, but a mess if full. On another note, since when did AA switch from premium/business class catering to domestic first catering out of LIM? My LIM-MIA flight on the 75 has just a sandwich or fruit plate for breakfast? A couple of years ago, it was full business class-style service with second meal before landing? What a major downgrade that they wouldn't even bother with business class meal for at least the first service. The prices haven't dropped so why has the service?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Good to hear...Sumaq is decent if empty, but a mess if full. On another note, since when did AA switch from premium/business class catering to domestic first catering out of LIM? My LIM-MIA flight on the 75 has just a sandwich or fruit plate for breakfast? A couple of years ago, it was full business class-style service with second meal before landing? What a major downgrade that they wouldn't even bother with business class meal for at least the first service. The prices haven't dropped so why has the service?
LIM-MIA is not a route AA has particularly cared about EVER.
Be glad you are at least on a lie-flat seat and not on a brown recliner from the 70s (or blue from the 2000s)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I still see four entree choices for the dinner services next month, but you're right, the AM return ex-LIM only has the breakfast sandwich and fruit plate. I'm not that familiar with that flight--has it always been a big breakfast (with three or four entree choices) after takeoff and a smaller second meal before landing? They might have switched it up to a smaller, domestic F style breakfast after takeoff and a more substantial lunch before landing. Otherwise, I'd blame typical garbage AA IT for not fully displaying the available choices.

Originally Posted by carlosdca
LIM-MIA is not a route AA has particularly cared about EVER.
Be glad you are at least on a lie-flat seat and not on a brown recliner from the 70s (or blue from the 2000s)
For avoidance of doubt, the brown recliners you're talking about are no more as of last year. The only planes that are capable of flying LIM-MIA and do not have flat beds are based almost exclusively in PHX (LUS 757s), operating PHX-Hawaii and occasional other domestic flights out of there. All LAA 757s (the ones based in MIA) have flat beds.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dkc192
I still see four entree choices for the dinner services next month, but you're right, the AM return ex-LIM only has the breakfast sandwich and fruit plate. I'm not that familiar with that flight--has it always been a big breakfast (with three or four entree choices) after takeoff and a smaller second meal before landing? They might have switched it up to a smaller, domestic F style breakfast after takeoff and a more substantial lunch before landing. Otherwise, I'd blame typical garbage AA IT for not fully displaying the available choices.

For avoidance of doubt, the brown recliners you're talking about are no more as of last year. The only planes that are capable of flying LIM-MIA and do not have flat beds are based almost exclusively in PHX (LUS 757s), operating PHX-Hawaii and occasional other domestic flights out of there. All LAA 757s (the ones based in MIA) have flat beds.
That's such a disappointment for a 6 hour international flight. I don't see anything about a second service, but I think by then, people will be starving for lunch after such a tiny meal (fruit plate and granola? geez, that's so cheap). The Y breakfast is sure to be more substantial than that!! Can't even order a special meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.