Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My 27 May AA52 PHL-PRG flight was a mess

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by jmr50
Arrives to find the business class seat with tape wrapped around the tray table indicating it's in-operative.
Notifies the crew, who has such helpful advice as suggesting using the iPad tray. Ultimately, swap to another biz seat occupied by a non-rev.
IMHO this is the biggest issue of those encountered. The seat should have been taken out of service and not sold. If the cabin was already sold to capacity and the issue was recent then of course it is normal to sit someone there and compensate with miles. However, in this case the cabin was not fully booked as non-revs had been given working seats. Obviously the right thing to do would be to greet Mr jmr as he boards the plane and proactively move him to a fully functional seat. Let the non-rev sit in the broken seat.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MorganB
IMHO this is the biggest issue of those encountered. The seat should have been taken out of service and not sold. If the cabin was already sold to capacity and the issue was recent then of course it is normal to sit someone there and compensate with miles. However, in this case the cabin was not fully booked as non-revs had been given working seats. Obviously the right thing to do would be to greet Mr jmr as he boards the plane and proactively move him to a fully functional seat. Let the non-rev sit in the broken seat.
It seems from the OP that it was indeed sold out. The non-revs were only there because the gate agents assumed that some people wouldn't make the connection, and gave away their seats to the non-revs. Given the delay, the inbound connection pax at PHL did make their flight and which is why the non-revs were sent back to coach. However, there is no way to tell what specific aircraft is getting assigned in advance or when the seat broke. That is not how RM functions. It's likely that the seat was sold a long time before Ops knew that one seat was inoperable. In that case, you are always going to get a DG. No way around that.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Originally Posted by nk15
The Delta 767 J lie-flat seat is just horrible, the worst J seat out there.
wait - isn’t this the BE Aerospace seat Qatar AA and others use which is superior to the Zodiac ones or do I have those two models mixed up?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by JHIN

wait - isn’t this the BE Aerospace seat Qatar AA and others use which is superior to the Zodiac ones or do I have those two models mixed up?
No. Both AA and DL use the basic Thompson-Vantage seat on their 767's. Vantage | Thompson Aero

Only DL's has built in IFE. AA does not.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JHIN

The BE Aerospace vs Zodiac is on the 772 for AA.

AA also uses BE Aerospace seats on the 321T and 757 (2x2 slightly angled). These are the same as QR on their a330 and some narrowbodies, IIRC.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, DL SkyMiles, B6 TrueBlue, Global Entry
Originally Posted by perseus11
This Forum has gone from being a "helpful" information source to a NYC whiners Club. It's a bit boring to read some of these, "PHL isn't as great as JFK" posts. Let's face it, JFK was developed during AA's glory days. Today, it is under the aegis of an ultra conservative, former US Airways organization and its management team. You can bet that the last thing Parker wants is to pay for a JFK palace in PHL and add to the potential risk of another AA Bankruptcy. BTW, I am a LONG time US/AA investor/international traveler and I have absolutely no problem with any of the facilities at PHL, or the decisions made to retain it at reasonable levels. But then again, I use an airport to fly from point A to point B, not to luxuriate in a turkish bath, eat Moroccan couscous and drink a glass of Chateau Petrus. Get a grip New Yorkers, you still have Delta and Jet Blue to whine about.
PHL isn't THAT awful (the AC in Terminal A is one of the better non flagship ones I've been in ). Where AA really needs to invest is the hard product on PHL flights. WiFi and AC power at every seat are the bare minimum of expectations for anything beyond an RJ in 2018.
AA's hard product out of PHL is so inconsistent (332s have power in J, PE and Y; 767 has it in J only and 320/321 have no power at all). If Parker and co is really sold on the BYOD Streaming IFE model then give me a place to plug my iPad in.

But knowing parker and co, they will install outlets in Y, but if you have a basic Y fare you have to pay the FA $5 to have them enable your socket on their TC70 device.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.