Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA GoGo All-Day Passes - No Longer Sold?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:54 pm

The US Bank Altitude Reserve comes with 12 GoGo flight pass/year, among other benefits, for a net $75/year annual fee might be worth considering.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Hopefully I can continue to take advantage of the free hour from T-mobile.

Is there a way to tether a laptop to your cell and then use the cell's wifi feature to access Gogo?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:01 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I had a 90 minute flight on a 737(legacy -800) and GoGo offered an hourly and full flight pass.

What I want to know is why they took away the $2.95 pass that offered SMS messaging. DL gives it for free. It's a nice little perk.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer

Is there a way to tether a laptop to your cell and then use the cell's wifi feature to access Gogo?
You can use a HooToo to accomplish this (
this is the one I have this is the one I have
) but the internet is very slow. Better than nothing. Basically you need to setup the HooToo per the instructions, connect to the free T-Mobile wifi through your phone (via the HooToo), then connect your computer after you've logged in with the HooToo. Most of my flights are short so this is typically what I do.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT

1. I recently added the $25/month One Plus International feature to my t-mobile account. (along with switching to the >55 plan, and my bill actually went down!). With One Plus, you get unlimited gogo access.
2. I haven't tried this but you might try 3rd party tethering tools that allow USB tethering (Android). Depending on which version of the OS your phone is running, you may be able to connect your laptop. Standard wireless tethering won't work, at least I haven't found a hack yet to make it work.
This also depends on whether you bought your phone from t-mobile, or bought an unlocked device elsewhere.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat

Originally Posted by River in Sight
You can use a HooToo to accomplish this (this is the one I have) but the internet is very slow. Better than nothing. Basically you need to setup the HooToo per the instructions, connect to the free T-Mobile wifi through your phone (via the HooToo), then connect your computer after you've logged in with the HooToo. Most of my flights are short so this is typically what I do.
Originally Posted by billgrates3
1. I recently added the $25/month One Plus International feature to my t-mobile account. (along with switching to the >55 plan, and my bill actually went down!). With One Plus, you get unlimited gogo access.
2. I haven't tried this but you might try 3rd party tethering tools that allow USB tethering (Android). Depending on which version of the OS your phone is running, you may be able to connect your laptop. Standard wireless tethering won't work, at least I haven't found a hack yet to make it work.
This also depends on whether you bought your phone from t-mobile, or bought an unlocked device elsewhere.
I've only seen this on my current phone (LG V30) but it can share WiFi from a hotspot and create your own SSID for personal use. This is helpful in locations that have an authentication portal for their WiFi, but you want to use a device that doesn't support this (like a Chromecast).
Under Settings --> Tethering --> Mobile Hotspot --> "Wi-Fi Sharing". Once you turn this on, it will take connectivity from the hotspot that your phone is connected to. I suppose this may work for this too, but I have not yet tried it. (I haven't been on a flight since moving to Tmobile to try out the free GoGo either)
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
FYI, I bought a day pass at the Admirals Club this morning and am using one right now en route to ORD.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond

Of course. At least on my iPhone. I can tether whether using a WIFI or a cellular connection

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.