AA GoGo All-Day Passes - No Longer Sold?

Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
AA GoGo All-Day Passes - No Longer Sold?

I don't fly enough to justify a GoGo recurring monthly subscription, so I would stock up on AA All-Day Passes (good for all GoGo-equipped flights on AA within a 24 hour period) and use them as needed. Most recently, the All-Day Pass was $19 - not horrible for a transcon or for longer multiple-flight itins. I went to GoGo to buy a couple today, and AA is no longer an All-Day Pass "participating airline." The participating airlines are AC, AS, DL, UA & VX. The only pre-purchase options for AA are the Monthly Airline Plans, one or two device versions, at $49.95 and $59.95 (auto renewal). Unless I'm missing something, the only option for a couple of flights a month is in-air flight pass purchases. For a two-flight connection, the cost can run up.

Last edited by NovaEngr; Apr 9, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
As someone who has a few day passes pre purchased - I sure hope these can be used on AA flights!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:55 pm

American Airlines wifi - have to pay for 2 different wifi providers for 1 itinerary

Well I guess that takes care of this (very valid) complaint.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by NovaEngr
I don't fly enough to justify a GoGo recurring monthly subscription, so I would stock up on AA All-Day Passes (good for all GoGo-equipped flights on AA within a 24 hour period) and use them as needed. Most recently, the All-Day Pass was $19 - not horrible for a transcon or for longer multiple-flight itins. I went to GoGo to buy a couple today, and AA is no longer an All-Day Pass "participating airline." The participating airlines are AC, AS, DL, UA & VX. The only pre-purchase options for AA are the Monthly Airline Plans, one or two device versions, at $49.95 and $59.95 (auto renewal). Unless I'm missing something, the only option for a couple of flights a month is in-air flight pass purchases. For a two-flight connection, the cost can run up.
Well, I'm really glad that I added the International Plus plan to my family t-mobile account. Now I get unlimited GoGo time on AA (or any other Gogog Airline) instead of the previous 1 hour free.
Not to mention the faster free International data roaming (I've used it so far in Spain, Italy, France, UK, Germany, Ireland, Ghana, Kenya, New Zealand & So.Africa) and the free calling to European & other phone lines.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
I just got off of a JFK-LAX flight, and the All-Flight pass was $16. MUCH cheaper than it usually is. I wonder if the elimination of the All-Day Pass is part of an overall re-pricing?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Unhappy

It looks like the one hour pass is also gone. It shows the same list of not-AA participating airlines.

The advance 1 hour pass was always cheaper than the on-board 30 minute plan. It worked really well for me flying shorter midcon nonstops.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:05 pm

Fly 90+ 90 minute flights a year, so the potential of needing 2 monthly plans is not good. 90 minutes once you take off the 10-15 on the front end, and the potential the crew is lazy and forces laptops away 30 minutes from landing when it's a completely smooth ride, lots of risk buying flight by flight, so need the monthly to balance out the why bother flights with the ones you get something done.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
Is there any way to tell which wifi provider is serving an upcoming flight?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by autdi
Fly 90+ 90 minute flights a year, so the potential of needing 2 monthly plans is not good. 90 minutes once you take off the 10-15 on the front end, and the potential the crew is lazy and forces laptops away 30 minutes from landing...
Laptop use on shortish flights is going to be compromised due to FAA restrictions on laptops below 10,000 feet. Satellite wifi with gate to gate service makes tablets and phones a lot more useful, however.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
Is there any way to tell which wifi provider is serving an upcoming flight?
I did a little research on the American Fleet site and came up with a little info.

PLANES -
E190 - GoGo
A319, 320, 321 (both LUS and LAA) - all GoGo. Both the 2Ku satellite system and the ATG4 land-based.
737 - Mixed bag. All the MAX planes have Viasat and it looks like as the "classic" (no IFE or having overhead screens) are being refurbished GoGo is being removed and they are getting the Viasat system. Only one of the newer 737's with IFE have Viasat (N951NN).
All the regionals have GoGo.

https://sites.google.com/site/newamericanfleet/

773/77W - Panasonic
788/789 - Panasonic
772 - Panasonic
Some 767's and 757's have Panasonic. I can't find a list of which planes have them.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by swag
It looks like the one hour pass is also gone. It shows the same list of not-AA participating airlines.

The advance 1 hour pass was always cheaper than the on-board 30 minute plan. It worked really well for me flying shorter midcon nonstops.
I do this too. I do transcons and have always seen $16 for the full flight which is a reasonable price, but the prepaid $7 for one hour is what I was always using. I see I can still buy it through my account but I do see the participating airlines leaves AA out. I don't see why they would do that when they certainly do serve AA still. Has anyone tried to buy it and use it and it not work? I would think the pre-paid pass would work on any Gogo-operated flight.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by DMPHL
I just got off of a JFK-LAX flight, and the All-Flight pass was $16. MUCH cheaper than it usually is. I wonder if the elimination of the All-Day Pass is part of an overall re-pricing?
Agreed, I flew two transcons in late March and bought a day pass in advance for, I believe, $18 - having seen much higher onboard full prices on transcons in the past. When I got on board, each way it was only $16 for the full flight so I saved the day pass for another time.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I just chatted with GoGo and they confirmed that pre-purchased passes are no longer available for AA. It is for the reason pointed out above - mixed providers: there is the risk people will pre-purchase the pass and then find they are on a non-GoGo plane and demand a refund.
The alternatives are to buy onboard or get the AA-sold monthly pass.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Same experience here. I was on LAX-PHL on Thursday, and the Flight Pass was also $16 - lower than the last posted price of an All-Day Pass ($19). Given what appears to be lower buy-on-board pricing, the loss of the All-Day Pass is a big deal.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:43 am

I have been seeing $16 prices for my SEA-CLT runs since when I started in early March. What I will miss though are the $7 one hour passes. One hour is more than enough to download emails and chat with co-workers so was a useful option.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.