Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

$795 DFW-AUS one way Sep (& other problems)- 3 Mar schedule change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:22 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold

Been looking at DFW-AUS flights in September, and o/w clocks in at a whopping $795 FC $190. WOW.

Maybe related to the schedule changes that have been posted (about), but just amazing. r/t seems to be pricing as yesterday, but o/w (yesterday $88) ....
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage LT GLD 1.806MM
Looking at Expertflyer for September 2018, the only economy inventory available now for all flights DFW-AUS during September is Y and B, all other inventory is zeroed out. You'll have to wait for the lower price inventory to become available for you to see the lower priced one-way fares.
JDiver likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Been looking at DFW-AUS flights in September, and o/w clocks in at a whopping $795 FC $190. WOW.

Maybe related to the schedule changes that have been posted (about), but just amazing. r/t seems to be pricing as yesterday, but o/w (yesterday $88) ....
I had a flight changed, and it is showing no seats available in my booking, if I want to change..... yet the same flight is almost empty if I go to create a new booking.
This is for SEA-DFW in July,
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I had a change on a PIT-JFK flight, and showing no seats available to choose. So I went to make a booking on that flight (which showed plenty of seats) and $1600 fully flexible was all they had, yesterday.

It's down to $450 today.

So yes, I think it was, and check again.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CPRich
I had a change on a PIT-JFK flight, and showing no seats available to choose. So I went to make a booking on that flight (which showed plenty of seats) and $1600 fully flexible was all they had, yesterday.

It's down to $450 today.

So yes, I think it was, and check again.
Yes, I noticed similar ridiculous fares yesterday, after the schedule change. So, yes, the schedule change did affect the fares. In some markets, the Y fare was three times as much as the lowest F fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.