Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Major Schedule Change Overnight 3 Mar 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major Schedule Change Overnight 3 Mar 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976

same thing here on a flight from from CDG to DFW. WAs hoping C space might open p as well, but no luck.
Well it appears as though it was my lucky day to book SFO-HKG via LAX. C space was available in both directions. Purchased ticket and call EXP line. Was on-hold for what seemed like a long time as the agent said space is availabe to upgrade but I need to work on this a bit. I was for sure will to hold but hanging up and calling again did cross my mind a couple times too!

I had had no idea about this schedule change stuff either. Maybe she was pulled off the line to help someone else "quickly"!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hertz, Free Agent.
I had a flight booked from DFW to ANC w/ 2 stops. My departure time was moved up by 1:30. Do you think i could get them to put me (and family) on the non-stop to ANC due to this change? Or do you think they will only change flight times keeping the 2 stops.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:14 am

JFK has a runway project coming up this summer, might explain the additional schedule padding for certain JFK arriving or departing flights.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Ugh I lost a 737-800 to an A-321 on a BWI-PHX flight
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by dc9703
I had a flight booked from DFW to ANC w/ 2 stops. My departure time was moved up by 1:30. Do you think i could get them to put me (and family) on the non-stop to ANC due to this change? Or do you think they will only change flight times keeping the 2 stops.
Only one way to find out. If you have the time, get turned down on the first attempt, HUCA. In addition to the change in departure time, I would find other reasons to complain, such as connection time - now too short or too long.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by diver858
Only one way to find out. If you have the time, get turned down on the first attempt, HUCA. In addition to the change in departure time, I would find other reasons to complain, such as connection time - now too short or too long.
Just call in and say there was a schedule change and you would like to be rebooked on to the nonstop (giving the flight number and departure time). 99% will do it without question once they see the change in the system, only with the remaining bother with an "excuse."
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by CMK10
Ugh I lost a 737-800 to an A-321 on a BWI-PHX flight
Not all the A321s are sh17boxes,,,I had one from PHX last month that had decent legroom and a surprisingly roomy seat, just no power, obviously. Pray for that
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Fraser
Not all the A321s are sh17boxes,,,I had one from PHX last month that had decent legroom and a surprisingly roomy seat, just no power, obviously. Pray for that
How do we identify the good from the bad when booking on AA.com ?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
How do we identify the good from the bad when booking on AA.com ?
32B is the one you want. Those are LAA, newer A321s with power, AVOD, etc.

"321" is the LUS A321, which can sometimes be newer or older. No power on them, still.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Looks like DFW-PVG (AA127/128) has moved to a 789, and AA is selling PE on it.

Not sure if that was a part of this scheduling change or not, but I just saw her soar towards PVG from my office and then went to AA.com to check.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by wrp96
In my case, the change gave me a 35 minute connection at ORD from mainline to Eagle. No thank you!
And I guess the system just realized this wouldn't work because it switched me to connecting through CLT. Still a short connection but at least this one is doable.

I'm grateful AA's computers finally caught this as I booked this trip through a consolidator and they wouldn't fix the issue with the connection. I saved a few thousand dollars but not being able to deal directly with AA in a situation like this may not be worth it.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:10 pm
formerly PHLGrump

Originally Posted by econometrics

"321" is the LUS A321, which can sometimes be newer or older. No power on them, still.
Echoing this. '32B' is the golden child. Some are two class and some are three class.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by econometrics

LAA A321 have 3 MCE rows between the 2nd door and first class. LUS A321 have 4 standard Y rows in that same section.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by PHLGrump
Echoing this. '32B' is the golden child. Some are two class and some are three class.
As opposed to 321 which has no class
deeruck likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:00 pm
formerly PHLGrump

Originally Posted by mvoight
As opposed to 321 which has no class
BOOM
Clark Casual likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.