Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Major Schedule Change Overnight 3 Mar 2018

Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS

AA will be loading a MAJOR schedule change overnight tonight.
LCSinTexas and thunderlounge like this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks for the heads up!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
any specifics? (start date of changes...?)
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Thanks. I like to check my flights carefully after such events and I appreciate the warning.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: QF, BA
Thanks for the heads up. Any idea of dates?
How often do these happen?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:02 am

Quick question, two flights downgraded from two cabin to single cabin. Flights are in December, what is the likelihood of reverting back to a two cabin a/c. Flights were Republic but as of now operated by Envoy. I'm sure there will be several more changes between now and then, just hate to have paid for first and get stuck in economy. Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
My LGA to PHL flights are all rebook-ed to a much earlier flight screwing up my schedule for the day and also now I’ve a 10 hrs wait for connection to Europe instead of 2 ... this is very messed up!!
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:17 am

Seems to be quite a number of flight number/timing changes for JFK-LAX/SFO-JFK Transcon flights (my most frequent AA flights, so notice them easily). AA seem to be increasing the schedule padding on these flights.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:09 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
FYI...this schedule change has opened up a mega-load of Business class availability domestically and a smattering of International U class. On days I looked almost all flights non-transcon have U seats available. Some Transcon U has also opened. I was able to secure Thanksgiving weekend in U earlier this morning RT.

Happy hunting while things are open.
Zacnlinc and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Looks like the update finally replaced on the Dash-8s on the schedule from when they're supposed to be leaving Piedmont in July. Though some of the fares may still need some updates, as a RT on the one-hour flight from ROA to CLT is pricing out at over $2,000 in July.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
So, OP, what what the big set of changes everybody should be noticing this morning?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
So, OP, what what the big set of changes everybody should be noticing this morning?
As noted above, some significant time changes. It looks like more connecting time is being given, sometimes way too much. Also, changes in equipment- in my case, downgrades from 738 to 321 equipment.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
As noted above, some significant time changes. It looks like more connecting time is being given, sometimes way too much. Also, changes in equipment- in my case, downgrades from 738 to 321 equipment.
Only FT can think this way! Some A.netters will disagree.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Looks like PHX is a potential loser. I had a SAN-PHL, PHL-PHX-SAN on hold, PHX flight was eliminated, fares went through the roof, on hold for over an hour to obtain a practical alternative (schedule-wise), at the original fare. A second morning SAN-PHL was added, on a 737.
UPDATE: When I put the original flights on hold Sat afternoon, there was a TON of ex-PHL Y inventory on Wednesday afternoon, June 13, to all hubs. As of this post, it has ALL disappeared. I had to fight to get the undesirable itinerary restored at the original price, rep claims as an oversold ticket. Going to wait a few hours, see if the situation is resolved.

Last edited by diver858; Mar 4, 2018 at 9:51 am
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Block time longer on the only 2 flights I've got booked. SFO/JFK added another 17 minutes (now 5:52, so about an hour of total padding), and JFK/EZE now 10:55 (added 18 minutes).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.