Wiki Posts
Search

Plaza Research AA Focus Group Invite

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Plaza Research AA Focus Group Invite

Anyone ever receive one of these? Out of the blue they sent me an email offering 30k AA miles to join a 2 hr focus group. Thankfully I am also free that day so I think I'll bite

Curious if any FTers have experience with these research sessions?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EP
Have done a few of these. You won’t know the topic until that day. They usually start out with questions that let you vent against the airline, travel experiences, changes. And then move on to the topic at hand.

Regarding the miles, I have had it where they post the miles and other times they give you vouchers that you enter into AA.com.

Enjoy.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Thanks for the info

The email does mention I will be asked a few questions to make sure I qualify. Any advice on what they might be looking for to avoid being rejected?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EP
Generally the questions are to make sure u aren’t in the travel industry or research industry. Not sure if u are talking about the initial screener or or days of. If before (initial screen) they may be looking for maybe a class of service u have been in, how u have booked, maybe another airline u have flown. No way of knowing.

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Thanks for the info

The email does mention I will be asked a few questions to make sure I qualify. Any advice on what they might be looking for to avoid being rejected?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
I've done a few of these, but not for the airline industry... so for cash and not awards.
And I've also been involved in running some research that is quite similar.

The initial screening, if that's yet to be done, involve some demographics such as age, sex, perhaps employment status, where you live, perhaps who is in your family.

For something like this, I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere there was some screening about how/when/where you travel.

But you might not be able to "guess" the right answer.
For example, they may want some very experienced travelers, and maybe some who have limited experience.
And if they are looking for a mix (young/old, first class/coach travelers, etc.), then there won't be any right or wrong question (at least with respect to these characteristics). It may just be a matter of whether they already recruited enough in a particular demographic group, so they don't need more of those, etc.

I did it just because I was curious. Surprisingly, I felt that they actually managed to get input that might be relevant.

GC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.