Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-existent availability on Qatar

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Non-existent availability on Qatar

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but has Qatar dramatically decreased its availability to redeem tickets with miles (Avios, etc) across OW partners?
I have been searching flights on previously (almost always) available routes, e.g., CDG - DOH in F, or Europe-Asia in business connecting in Doha and I have not found anything in Sept/Oct. I've tried several origin points: CPH, ARN, ZRH, MAD, CDG, BCN, AMS, BRU to several destinations TYO, PVG, PEK, ICN, HKG, etc. I've tried with several QR partners and there's nothing available.
Any clues to what is going on? Appreciate the input.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by broland
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but has Qatar dramatically decreased its availability to redeem tickets with miles (Avios, etc) across OW partners?
I have been searching flights on previously (almost always) available routes, e.g., CDG - DOH in F, or Europe-Asia in business connecting in Doha and I have not found anything in Sept/Oct. I've tried several origin points: CPH, ARN, ZRH, MAD, CDG, BCN, AMS, BRU to several destinations TYO, PVG, PEK, ICN, HKG, etc. I've tried with several QR partners and there's nothing available.
Any clues to what is going on? Appreciate the input.
As someone who is trying to redeem QMiles, I can feel your pain. Only availability is for double mileage (will not show on partner airlines). I'm trying to redeem F and the cabins are empty according to EF. As with most award space availability increases closer to the travel date. Part of the reason for J/Y redemptions being tight is the annual fare sale that just ended last week. QR likes to sell seats albeit at a discounted price instead of opening award space.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 5:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As QR determine their own award availability, I'll close this thread in favour of the one on the exact same topic which you already opened and has been moved to the QR forum. It can be found here.

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.