Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PHL-CDG-PHL on A332 with Premium Economy section.: 3 questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime plat 2.5 million

I tried to find threads on these without success.

I am flying rt PHL-CDG 5Mar to 12Mar on an A332. This will be on the updated plane with economy plus section. I have 3 questions

1. PHL-CDG on 5 MAR is in J (upgrade just cleared). Does the A332 aircraft off load in the front or at the door between Business and Y?
2. CDG-PHL on 12 Mar is currently in Y. Is there a way to upgrade to Economy plus using miles + co-pay or is that only Y to Business?. E+ might be enough for a day flight. I can't seem to find the answer.
3. Any suggestions for seat choices in J with the aircraft that has economy plus?

I"ve done this flight several times, but only on 2-class planes.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
1) boarding is typically through the door between Y-J
2) have you check how much $ for E+? Personally, those Airbus 330 are great on the 2 side part, or if you find an empty middle section. I've done my share of international flights in Y on these birds way before they had E+ and loved them. At the moment, AA upgrades Y-J. Nothing official has been mentioned regarding Y-E+ upgrades using SWU.
3) cant comment since if not flown them with E+, but I presume the front seats might be the least desirable due to its proximity to galley. I prefer the back rows.

This is still considered a 2 class plane.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by arollins

This is still considered a 2 class plane.
This is very much a 3 class plane. Y(MC/MCE)/PE/J=3

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.