FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA iSolve F/A Onboard Miles Compensation as of Feb 2018 (restricted 8 Jun 2020) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1887704-aa-isolve-f-onboard-miles-compensation-feb-2018-restricted-8-jun-2020-a.html)

SkyTeam777 Jun 9, 2020 10:46 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 32441258)
American Airlines No Longer Lets Employees Offer Compensation For Broken Seats, Missing Meals
by Gary Leff on June 8, 2020 — link
Effective Monday American Airlines has taken away the tool airports, flight attendants, and reservations used to compensate customers when a crew member spills a drink on them, their seat is broken, or their inflight meal didn’t get loaded onto the aircraft.

To save money, instead of compensating customers when things go wrong, employees are supposed to show they care and acknowledge what the customer is saying… just not do anything about it...Now American has discontinued the ability for flight attendants to offer compensation when the airline fails to deliver its product as promised. This suspension of iSolve will run at least through the end of 2020.

An internal memo reviewed by View From The Wing flagged this suspension effective Monday,

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f4566c2f7.jpeg
Current iSolve instructions to cabin crew

Does the above mean that agents/FAs can see your entire history of compensation in Helix? I wonder if that has anything to do with how Helix score is computed. I know we can't see it and agents would never tell us directly, but I am wondering if anyone knows if it appears there.

mvoight Jun 9, 2020 10:51 am

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman (Post 32441870)
So.. If I am reading this correctly if you are on a longhaul flight and your seat malfunctions and will not lie flat that you will not be getting any sort of compensation at all? Seems very stingy. The FA's are supposed to talk you out of being upset about it?? SMH..

I took it to mean you will not be compensated by an FA. It doesn't indicates you won't be compensated by Customer Service

enviroian Jun 9, 2020 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 32441305)
so back to submitting complaints via CS

Where they end up in a bottomless abyss with no reply....

ramcm7 Jun 9, 2020 12:53 pm

That's a shame. I benefited from this for the first time at the end of February. Bought a seat up front for the first time in a while and it would not lock in upright position. For take-off and landing, I'm leaning forward to keep from getting pushed back. Flight attendant said he had made a note for someone to fix it and deposited some miles in my account. Checked later and it was 4,000. Probably a bit generous for the inconvenience, but I certainly appreciated it.

robertablake Jun 10, 2020 4:59 am

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 32442860)
Where they end up in a bottomless abyss with no reply....

...and form letter responses.

ramcm7 Jun 19, 2020 9:57 am

Originally Posted by ramcm7 (Post 32442916)
That's a shame. I benefited from this for the first time at the end of February. Bought a seat up front for the first time in a while and it would not lock in upright position. For take-off and landing, I'm leaning forward to keep from getting pushed back. Flight attendant said he had made a note for someone to fix it and deposited some miles in my account. Checked later and it was 4,000. Probably a bit generous for the inconvenience, but I certainly appreciated it.

I got an email from AA this morning, following up on this incident, asking me how satisfied I was with the compensation I had received. It then went on to suggest a number of alternative compensations and how I would feel about those. Choices included miles as an option, but also an Admiral's Club day pass, a free flight day of wifi, and priority boarding, among others. They also asked for my thoughts on good compensation ideas. I suggested a short-term bump in elite status as a possibility. Looks like they may expand or shift their compensation options. As to whether they will continue to let the FAs award them, I couldn't get any feel for that from the survey.