FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA iSolve F/A Onboard Miles Compensation as of Feb 2018 (restricted 8 Jun 2020) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1887704-aa-isolve-f-onboard-miles-compensation-feb-2018-restricted-8-jun-2020-a.html)

beachfan Apr 20, 2018 9:11 am

What struck me wasn't so much that she didn't know it, but she was telling me that a gate agent could do it. If she wasn't nice and well meaning, I would have gotten quite annoyed at that time wasting suggestion.

It turns out that the second item only posted at 2,000 miles. Seems odd that a broken seat is 2k, IFE is 4k, but maybe I wasn't watching close enough, or maybe there's an automatic 50% reduction in the compensation for the second time per flight!

AANYC1981 Apr 20, 2018 9:15 am

What happens when all we are left with domestically is watching IFE via the inop WiFi? Hmmmmmm :rolleyes:

chuck1 May 4, 2018 7:49 am

Does anyone have any idea how long this takes to post?
I was on an LAX-NRT which about 3 days ago. The flight has posted but not the miles for the broke IFE.

GrjApp May 4, 2018 9:44 am

Originally Posted by chuck1 (Post 29714942)
Does anyone have any idea how long this takes to post?
I was on an LAX-NRT which about 3 days ago. The flight has posted but not the miles for the broke IFE.

Mine took about two weeks to post.

tski May 4, 2018 11:42 am

I saw posts about IFE being worth 4k points. Last month on NRT-DFW in J my wife's IFE stopped working about three hours out from DFW. The flight attendant did everything he could to try to resolve it and then had issues with the tablet he gave her. Without asking he gave her 10k miles and they posted in about three days.

golfingboy May 4, 2018 5:30 pm

So I was reading through this thread... I think this initiative is a net positive and empowers front line employees to make things right on the spot. However, there is some serious issues with level of compensation - a broken seat shouldn’t be compensated less than broken IFE. I have a suggestion for AA if they do read this - at least we know Doug Parker to a certain extent reads VFTW ;)
Instill some kind of “standardized” compensation for variety of issues. Lets say there is a broken IFE, the FA should be able to pull up the tablet and select the broken IFE. Within the broken IFE selection there should a compensation level - AA already has infrastructure in place that identifies what customers are in what seats as evidenced by the tablet’s capability of identifying customers of different elite level.

General Member upgraded - 2,000
Gold member/OW Ruby upgraded - 3,000
Platinum member/OW Sapphire upgraded - 4,000
Platinum Pro member upgraded - 5,000
Executive Platinum member/OW Emerald upgraded - 7,000
General Member revenue - 5,000
Gold Member/OW Ruby revenue - 7,000
Platinum Member/OW Sapphire revenue - 8,000
Platinum Pro member revenue - 10,000
Executive Platinum/OW Emerald revenue - 15,000

This is just a wild idea but something hardwired in the system where the FA can click on type of issue and the type of customer that will provide equitable compensation for nature of the issue. This will help ensure the comp is in line based on type of issue while recognizing the value of a certain business and help AA to ensure customer expectations don’t become lopsided (i.e. I get 10K for broken IFE but only 2K for a business class seat that won’t go lie flat).

Fonsini Sep 15, 2019 6:39 am

Extra Miles from the Cabin Crew ?

I had the misfortune to fly Business on one of AA’s aging 767s on the PHL - MAN route and for those unfamiliar with that glorified Sopwith Camel the FA’s have to manually plug iPads into the place where the IFE normally lives. Mine didn’t work and the FA said “oh I’ll give you some air miles for that” and sure enough a thousand miles appeared in my account 2 days later.

I confess I didn’t know the crew could give you miles for such hiccups. Thumbs up.

FLL88 Sep 15, 2019 6:47 am

something like this happens,
they file ( i think electronically) a report that IFE was not working in seat number X
report goes to the powers that be - and then miles show up.
Kudos to the FA for actually doing this!

any insider with an exact understanding of the Standard Operating Procedure for this - please advise

2019 AA Domestic Upgrades: 15 out of 32

2019 cities: ATH, CLT, DCA, DFW, DSM, FLL, IAH, LAS, LHR, LIT, MIA, MSP, ORD, STL, YWG, YYZ

JDiver Feb 12, 2020 9:48 am

Bump for inquiry in newbie lounge thread. /Moderator

MiamiAirport Formerly NY George Feb 12, 2020 10:56 am

Flying a few months ago on an evening flight the FAs couldn't get the lights off in the F cabin. They apologized ahead of time. At the end of the flight the FA told everyone that she had deposited 10,000 miles in everyone's account for the issue. Ultimately only 1,000 miles showed up (at least in my account, PP) and I didn't think much of it. Maybe she mistakenly said 10,000 miles instead of 1,000 miles. Possibly did someone in HQ knock the compensation down from 10,000 to 1,000 miles? 10,000 miles for the lights being on seemed very generous to me.

JDiver Jun 8, 2020 9:31 pm

American Airlines No Longer Lets Employees Offer Compensation For Broken Seats, Missing Meals
by Gary Leff on June 8, 2020 — link
Effective Monday American Airlines has taken away the tool airports, flight attendants, and reservations used to compensate customers when a crew member spills a drink on them, their seat is broken, or their inflight meal didn’t get loaded onto the aircraft.

To save money, instead of compensating customers when things go wrong, employees are supposed to show they care and acknowledge what the customer is saying… just not do anything about it...Now American has discontinued the ability for flight attendants to offer compensation when the airline fails to deliver its product as promised. This suspension of iSolve will run at least through the end of 2020.

An internal memo reviewed by View From The Wing flagged this suspension effective Monday,

Effective 08JUN20, iSolve will be suspended through 2020 for goodwill compensation through airports, reservations and flight attendants. A closer look is being taken at every aspect of our operation, including tools and technology. As part of this review the decision was made to suspend iSolve. The tool will still be used to provide compensation for pre-removal and downgrades by Support functions.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f4566c2f7.jpeg
Current iSolve instructions to cabin crew

AANYC1981 Jun 8, 2020 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 32441258)
American Airlines No Longer Lets Employees Offer Compensation For Broken Seats, Missing Meals
by Gary Leff on June 8, 2020 — link
Effective Monday American Airlines has taken away the tool airports, flight attendants, and reservations used to compensate customers when a crew member spills a drink on them, their seat is broken, or their inflight meal didn’t get loaded onto the aircraft.

To save money, instead of compensating customers when things go wrong, employees are supposed to show they care and acknowledge what the customer is saying… just not do anything about it...Now American has discontinued the ability for flight attendants to offer compensation when the airline fails to deliver its product as promised. This suspension of iSolve will run at least through the end of 2020.

An internal memo reviewed by View From The Wing flagged this suspension effective Monday,

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...f4566c2f7.jpeg
Current iSolve instructions to cabin crew

so back to submitting complaints via CS

javabytes Jun 8, 2020 10:04 pm

Between Oasis and this, I’m sensing a new theme in AA’s onboard experience. #SucksToBeYou

AeRoSpaceman Jun 9, 2020 5:38 am

So.. If I am reading this correctly if you are on a longhaul flight and your seat malfunctions and will not lie flat that you will not be getting any sort of compensation at all? Seems very stingy. The FA's are supposed to talk you out of being upset about it?? SMH..

JDiver Jun 9, 2020 8:28 am

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman (Post 32441870)
So.. If I am reading this correctly if you are on a longhaul flight and your seat malfunctions and will not lie flat that you will not be getting any sort of compensation at all? Seems very stingy. The FA's are supposed to talk you out of being upset about it?? SMH..

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 32441305)
so back to submitting complaints via CS

All you’ll get onboard is the renown 🙄 empathy, sympathy and concern, at least for the rest of this year.

The reason appears to be FAs were, in the eyes of the new, RM driven AA (since AAdvantage will be under Vasu Raja and Revenue Management) entirely too generous, doling out ~400% of what they’d predicted. It never occurred to management to read that as a call to improve maintenance and condition of the blankety-blank airplanes.

Even so during American’s poor operations last summer they were handing out compensation at four times the usual rate.