Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

QR / Qatar Airways: Earn & Redeem AA Miles, Award [ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR / Qatar Airways: Earn & Redeem AA Miles, Award [ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
They cancel flights, remove seat assignments and bump people out of C into Y
Been hearing this and that scares me.

Onboard it is also quite sad - C seats are angle-flat, ranging from almost OK on 777 to terrible on anything else. F did not tried yet, trough have booking in December.
77W/77L are not angled flat. They are horizontal flat. 787 is the same seat as CX long haul and AA 77W.

Food is mediocre, champagne is good. Service is by very young crews having fun and joking with passengers - no class service here.
In J QR is better than AA and BA in all of these regards. Gawd I hope they keep things light with fun and jokes on a 15 hour flight.

Transit in DOH bad, since you need to get a bus to and from Premium terminal. Usually you will sit in the bus for ages with the engine running and the doors open, enjoying the toxic fumes produced by your bus and others around. Once at the plane you will have to climb the stairs to a 777 with your hand luggage.
New Doha Airport will resolve all of this.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by ihavebeenseen

77W/77L are not angled flat. They are horizontal flat. 787 is the same seat as CX long haul and AA 77W.
777 seats are not full-flat. I flown on those planes few times and the seats are most definitively angled. You can sleep in those, but it's not very comfortable and quite far from being flat

In J QR is better than AA and BA in all of these regards. Gawd I hope they keep things light with fun and jokes on a 15 hour flight.
I had better food in AA J then in QR J recently. Champagne/wine is def. much better on QR, that a fact. BA I can't comment since I only fly in F.
Service-vise I do not expect that a "5*" airline need to be compared to AA and BA, where service is non-existent. I would compare to EK, SQ and CX. All of those make QR service look amateurish. And while I don't mind a nice joke, I def. do not appreciate comments like "we don't have L size PJ, L means "loser"" while asking for an L-sized PJ.

New Doha Airport will resolve all of this.
Maybe it will, but for now the transit experience is miserable.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
What are fare codes for QR awards in F/J/Y? The AA agent I spoke to on the phone didn't seem to confident in what she was doing when trying to ticket my reservation.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
<deleted>

...Economy is X, Business is U, First is Z.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 19, 2013 at 3:27 pm Reason: redacted previously deleted post content
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by danger
For those without KVS, Economy is X, Business is U, First is Z.
There currently is a bug on AA.com that displays the class of service incorrectly when viewing an existing itinerary. Specifically, segments booked in QR U show up as "economy."
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Steve M
There currently is a bug on AA.com that displays the class of service incorrectly when viewing an existing itinerary. Specifically, segments booked in QR U show up as "economy."
Segments booked in QR Z show up as "business" as well, or at least mine did.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by merc1234
Segments booked in QR Z show up as "business" as well, or at least mine did.
How long did it take for you (or anyone else) to have your QR segments post on AA.com?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue Lifetime Platinum // AA ExPlat, Lifetime Gold // SPG Lifetime Gold // HHonors Gold
5 days and counting ...

Sitting now in MAA (Chennai) .. had 2 QR flights down here (CDG-DOH and DOH-MAA) on Nov 11.. still waiting on Nov 16 for them to post to Aadvantage account. <sigh>
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
How long did it take for you (or anyone else) to have your QR segments post on AA.com?
I flew last Friday ORD-DOH and the miles have yet to post to my account. 8 days and counting...
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Maasman
Sitting now in MAA (Chennai) .. had 2 QR flights down here (CDG-DOH and DOH-MAA) on Nov 11.. still waiting on Nov 16 for them to post to Aadvantage account. <sigh>
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I flew last Friday ORD-DOH and the miles have yet to post to my account. 8 days and counting...
Yeah my flights were the 12th. Hopefully they'll post before manual requesting is needed...bad shades of UA / *A miles posting
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah my flights were the 12th. Hopefully they'll post before manual requesting is needed...bad shades of UA / *A miles posting
For any waiting on QR postings...I see a couple line items for "transaction pending" in my account which line up with my QR flights. BUT not showing anything in the "bonus" column so hopefully won't have to fight for these.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:00 pm
Suspended

Has anybody experienced difficulty in securing Business Award seats on QR flights (between Europe & Asia)? I tried to book some for Sep/Oct 2014 and was consistently told nothing was available
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For any waiting on QR postings...I see a couple line items for "transaction pending" in my account which line up with my QR flights. BUT not showing anything in the "bonus" column so hopefully won't have to fight for these.
Note to anyone w/flown November QR flights...mine just posted w/o any bonus miles and NO EQM/P posted. Assuming a technical glitch - have sent a note to AAdvantage to fix.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:32 pm
Used to be 'lohiadk'

Was trying to book an award flight on QR using AA, but the flights which show as available on both BA and Qantas websites are not available on AA the agent check few days before and after and it's the same for all days. While the BA and Qantas websites show all days as being available.

Anyone also face this same problem and anyway to correct it. The agent says she cannot see U inventory on the flights.

Figured out the U inventory though it's business it's showing as coach on the website as someone else mentioned before. The second agent was able to clarify that it is indeed booked in Business.

Last edited by Nepal72; Nov 26, 2013 at 10:45 pm
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by FedUp2
Has anybody experienced difficulty in securing Business Award seats on QR flights (between Europe & Asia)? I tried to book some for Sep/Oct 2014 and was consistently told nothing was available
Agree- having the same problem for HKG-CDG xLHR-HKG. Finally found CX but nothing in a 5 day +/- on QR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.