Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Redeye on Dec. 31 -- for what year will EQMs be credited?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Delta Plat

I have an AA flight scheduled the evening of Dec. 31, departing the west coast. The flight will completed the morning January 1 on the east coast. Anyone know for sure if my EQMs earned post for 2017, or 2018? Is this verified in the terms and conditions anywhere?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by kennethfine
I have an AA flight scheduled the evening of Dec. 31, departing the west coast. The flight will completed the morning January 1 on the east coast. Anyone know for sure if my EQMs earned post for 2017, or 2018? Is this verified in the terms and conditions anywhere?
Flights are always credited to the scheduled departure year. If it's scheduled to depart on or before 11:59 PM Dec 31, it'll credit to 2017.
apeortdz and kennethfine like this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by rjw242
Flights are always credited to the scheduled departure year. If it's scheduled to depart on or before 11:59 PM Dec 31, it'll credit to 2017.
the answer I need, thanks. Platinum Pro here I come (I think...)!
danbrew likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by rjw242
To add additional info, even if your 12/31 11:59pm flight is delayed and has a new scheduled departure time of 1:00am on 01/01 it will still credit to the original scheduled date, so 2017.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:10 pm

Layover hits new year

This might be a twist: My family and I are returning home departing SIN on 31 Dec 18 at 8:30pm, with a layover in HKG that takes us into the new year 1 Dec 19. But we land in YVR once again on. 31 Dec 18.

Does the “departing time” - in this case the original departing time from SIN still hold and have our EQM/EQD still post to 2018?

Thanks!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by treester
This might be a twist: My family and I are returning home departing SIN on 31 Dec 18 at 8:30pm, with a layover in HKG that takes us into the new year 1 Dec 19. But we land in YVR once again on. 31 Dec 18.

Does the “departing time” - in this case the original departing time from SIN still hold and have our EQM/EQD still post to 2018?

Thanks!
If the two legs will be credited separately then one will be this year and one next. Scheduled departure time determines it.

I’ve had a flight delayed by a day and still be credited to the original schedule time. So long as your flight isn’t canceled and then rebooked onto a different flight, originally scheduled departure time determines.

(And in the case of cancelled/rebooked, there may be exceptions to be had, though I’ve no first hand experience of that)
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by treester

Thanks!
This sounds like the worst "two trains depart the station" math problem ever.
Finsup72 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by BlatheringPenguin

If the two legs will be credited separately then one will be this year and one next. Scheduled departure time determines it.

I’ve had a flight delayed by a day and still be credited to the original schedule time. So long as your flight isn’t canceled and then rebooked onto a different flight, originally scheduled departure time determines.

(And in the case of cancelled/rebooked, there may be exceptions to be had, though I’ve no first hand experience of that)
Well, look at the bright side -- the opportunity to celebrate New Year's eve twice in one year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.