Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rescinding Mileage credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Rescinding Mileage credit

I have got my sums wrong and have earlier this year credited a return flight to the wrong FFP.

i need these flights that have posted to BA / JAL to be credited to AA.

Has anyone had any success rescinding a flight credit and if so could they please highlight the process.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
I've done this right after the flights posted. I had asked for the miles to post to AA and they got posted to BA, since both numbers were in the record.

The process was simple, if tedious - call BA and ask for them to cancel the miles. Then call AA and claim miles for a missing flight. The first step is (obviously) essential to prevent them rejecting your missing mileage claim on the grounds that you had already learnt miles with another program.

The key question for you is whether there is a time limit for BA to be willing to cancel the miles, or whether if you have used the Tier Points for status, or they have since expired, it may not be possible for them to rescind the miles and Tier Points.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Did it credit incorrectly (e.g. have 2 numbers in booking and it credited to wrong place ) or did you just choose at the time to put a different FF scheme details in the booking?

If it was a credit in error, then you may be able to get it reversed
If it just a case of remourse that you chose to credit elsewhere, then unlikely to be adjustable I suspect
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
The process was simple, if tedious - call BA and ask for them to cancel the miles.
This is the key - call airline(s) where the miles did post to and get them "unposted".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.