Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Booked AA award on BA - having trouble on aa.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

I booked a 1-way flight for 12/17 using BA avios. I tried to get the AA PNR on aa.com but wasn't able to. I called up and an agent gave me the PNR but it still didn't work on aa.com. I used the aa app which was able to find the PNR provided by the agent and I could select my seat (which oddly goes through aa.com). Yet I still can't find the reservation on aa.com. The message displayed is "We are unable to display this reservation. It will be removed from your list of reservations." Is there any reason to be concerned?

Less important, I booked the flight in business and when selecting a seat the app provided a link to pre-order a meal. The message I keep seeing is "Our system is having trouble." Is this normal or should I expect it to work eventually?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Have you contacted AA and asked if there is anything up with the reservation?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Have you contacted AA and asked if there is anything up with the reservation?
Not after I called them to get the PNR. Agent gave me the details of the reservation with the PNR and didn't mention there were any issues.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I had a similar issue with a BA cash booking where the first sector was on AA. It would frequently not show up on AA.com but was always available in the app. I assumed there was a ticketing error but when I spoke to AA they confirmed everything was ok. Chrome seemed to be less flaky than IE when it came to showing the reservation, but there were times when no browser worked.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Just following up on this, I had no issues on the flight (I even got my pre-ordered meal). I generated a mobile boarding pass via email. When I clicked on the email on my iphone the app no longer saw my reservation but it recognized the PNR and all was good.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
I've noticed that when I book an AA flight w/ Avios I can't locate the reservation while logged in. It never shows up in MY RESERVATIONS and the "search for another trip" function yields no results. If i log out and go to the main AA.com page and use the MY TRIPS / CHECK IN tab and enter my AA locator it comes up every time. Closer to departure i usually replace my BA ff number with my AA number and it magically appears in MY RESERVATIONS.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I booked a 1-way flight for 12/17 using BA avios. I tried to get the AA PNR on aa.com but wasn't able to. I called up and an agent gave me the PNR but it still didn't work on aa.com. I used the aa app which was able to find the PNR provided by the agent and I could select my seat (which oddly goes through aa.com). Yet I still can't find the reservation on aa.com. The message displayed is "We are unable to display this reservation. It will be removed from your list of reservations." Is there any reason to be concerned?

Less important, I booked the flight in business and when selecting a seat the app provided a link to pre-order a meal. The message I keep seeing is "Our system is having trouble." Is this normal or should I expect it to work eventually?
What did AA Web Services say when you asked them?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:48 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by chicago747
I've noticed that when I book an AA flight w/ Avios I can't locate the reservation while logged in. It never shows up in MY RESERVATIONS and the "search for another trip" function yields no results. If i log out and go to the main AA.com page and use the MY TRIPS / CHECK IN tab and enter my AA locator it comes up every time. Closer to departure i usually replace my BA ff number with my AA number and it magically appears in MY RESERVATIONS.
Where do you find the AA PNR on the BA website? In the past I entered the BA PNR and AA would pull it out - no longer Any ideas? Thanks
EDIT
Now I went to BA - Manage booking - then went to select seats - AND the AA PNR was visible as well as the BA one!
chicago747 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.