I love this new LoyPoy system!

Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:31 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 30
I love this new LoyPoy system!

I am gonna make EXP without setting foot on AA except for rebookings... because of hardcore ms.... in the past this was impossible on AA but now, they invite us! Y'all hate ppl like me I am sure.
Honeybadger1 is offline  
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:54 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 10,904
Originally Posted by Honeybadger1
I am gonna make EXP without setting foot on AA except for rebookings... because of hardcore ms.... in the past this was impossible on AA but now, they invite us! Y'all hate ppl like me I am sure.
What do you do with your EXP status if you don't set foot on AA?
lougord99, SJOGuy, Gerbs and 11 others like this.
VegasGambler is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:36 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 30
I was talking about revenue bookings... so not before, but after I make EXP... then I'll set foot on AA...only when I can confirm UG of course. Meantime I'll use the RDMs for QR and JL the usual. I have used them for AA in the past for domestic/regional F and it's been reasonably good. Recently better than UA and DL. Even these multiferous Avis and Budget car rentals are racking up the loypoy. So much easier than the old system this really makes it worth piling the spend on those AA cards!
Honeybadger1 is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:22 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 10,904
Originally Posted by Honeybadger1
I was talking about revenue bookings... so not before, but after I make EXP... then I'll set foot on AA...only when I can confirm UG of course. Meantime I'll use the RDMs for QR and JL the usual. I have used them for AA in the past for domestic/regional F and it's been reasonably good. Recently better than UA and DL. Even these multiferous Avis and Budget car rentals are racking up the loypoy. So much easier than the old system this really makes it worth piling the spend on those AA cards!
How do you confirm upgrades? For that you need SWU, and to get those you need to set foot on AA not once, but 30 times.
SJOGuy, Tack, chitink and 2 others like this.
VegasGambler is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:36 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: DFW
Programs: AA EP
Posts: 97
Originally Posted by Honeybadger1
I am gonna make EXP without setting foot on AA except for rebookings... because of hardcore ms.... in the past this was impossible on AA but now, they invite us! Y'all hate ppl like me I am sure.
Your award is in the mail!
craig_2029 is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:02 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Posts: 3,126
I like the new system, too. I've had four flights this year and am already at Platinum, with 11 months to go in the period.
nineworldseries likes this.
USFlyerUS is online now  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:07 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 212
Originally Posted by Honeybadger1
I am gonna make EXP without setting foot on AA except for rebookings... because of hardcore ms.... in the past this was impossible on AA but now, they invite us! Y'all hate ppl like me I am sure.
what sort of ms are you doing?
jamabam is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:16 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Roswell, GA
Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,191
I have come to the point where... with my wife retiring next year... we are just start choosing the cheapest J and F fares... regardless of the airline anymore..
it seems like most programs.. sometime you have to ask yourself.. it is really worth it...
JetAway, scoonee, mrow and 6 others like this.
fotographer is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:10 am
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 524
I wanted to hate LP but with flights to Asia pretty much off the table, LP for spending do make it easier to get to EXP.
747-800i is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:23 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA LT Gold
Posts: 3,591
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
How do you confirm upgrades? For that you need SWU, and to get those you need to set foot on AA not once, but 30 times.
Maybe OP was talking about domestic upgrades. But those can't be confirmed at booking in advance (unless booking within the upgrade window at T-100 , which is possible but rare)
so we are not seeing the OP on a AA plane anytime soon.
I wish the OP luck in his award redemptions.
carlosdca is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:38 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LAX/PHL
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 292
Originally Posted by fotographer
I have come to the point where... with my wife retiring next year... we are just start choosing the cheapest J and F fares... regardless of the airline anymore..
it seems like most programs.. sometime you have to ask yourself.. it is really worth it...
It makes sense to continue with AA if high % of where you go has AA, and you want to play the upgrade game. If the goal is retirement in comfort and you have the cash, and you absolutely want J or F, the only loyalty is to your bottom line.
kcmd likes this.
Raralith is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:40 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Maybe OP was talking about domestic upgrades. But those can't be confirmed at booking in advance (unless booking within the upgrade window at T-100 , which is possible but rare)
so we are not seeing the OP on a AA plane anytime soon.
I wish the OP luck in his award redemptions.
Yah some domestic itins...but u know not only domestic... lookee AA has this pathway for UG too and I capitalize on it...

Upgrade with miles − AAdvantage program − American Airlines

tbh I want to see y'all onboard in F I can't wait. I'll wear the T-shirt "Honeybadger1: EXP by ms" so u can recognize me. lol!

@jamabam as for the ms..... dude ofc we're talking about 2M/yr or more. Returns scale nonlinearly. DL Diamond is relatively easy to acquire this way but rlly it's also not very valuable and DL SM well... u know. UA 1K is better for sure but achieving it does require some revenue BIS activity. Too bad we can't get CK or GS via ms I'd already be there.
Honeybadger1 is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:29 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 539
Originally Posted by Honeybadger1
Yah some domestic itins...but u know not only domestic... lookee AA has this pathway for UG too and I capitalize on it...

Upgrade with miles − AAdvantage program − American Airlines

tbh I want to see y'all onboard in F I can't wait. I'll wear the T-shirt "Honeybadger1: EXP by ms" so u can recognize me. lol!

@jamabam as for the ms..... dude ofc we're talking about 2M/yr or more. Returns scale nonlinearly. DL Diamond is relatively easy to acquire this way but rlly it's also not very valuable and DL SM well... u know. UA 1K is better for sure but achieving it does require some revenue BIS activity. Too bad we can't get CK or GS via ms I'd already be there.
You don't even need to be Gold to upgrade with miles...
skunker and ashill like this.
ORDflyer92 is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:50 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA LT Gold
Posts: 3,591
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
You don't even need to be Gold to upgrade with miles...
Yeah.
Status makes a difference on the upgrade waitlist though.
But OP only wants confirmed upgrades, so EXP status does not help for that that I know of.
carlosdca is offline  
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:54 am
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 10,904
Originally Posted by Honeybadger1
Yah some domestic itins...but u know not only domestic... lookee AA has this pathway for UG too and I capitalize on it...

Upgrade with miles − AAdvantage program − American Airlines

tbh I want to see y'all onboard in F I can't wait. I'll wear the T-shirt "Honeybadger1: EXP by ms" so u can recognize me. lol!

@jamabam as for the ms..... dude ofc we're talking about 2M/yr or more. Returns scale nonlinearly. DL Diamond is relatively easy to acquire this way but rlly it's also not very valuable and DL SM well... u know. UA 1K is better for sure but achieving it does require some revenue BIS activity. Too bad we can't get CK or GS via ms I'd already be there.
So you generate millions of miles a year and you plan to buy domestic economy tickets and upgrade with miles? That's hilarious.

Pro Tip: Why not just get F award seats with the millions of miles that you have to burn?

Also none of this (MSing for miles, upgrading with miles, buying F awards) requires any status at all. You could have done it all last year. The only thing you have done with your EXP status is tell people that you have it.
mrow, njvandy, ashill and 5 others like this.
VegasGambler is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.