Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cannot log into aa.com website

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Question cannot log into aa.com website

I have been trying to log into aa.com as well as americanairlines.co.uk websites for the last hour and kept getting error messages like these "There is a problem connecting securely to this website. The security certificate presented by this website is not secure. Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website." "Your connection is not private"

I need to change an award flight for hubby - his mother in Australia is in a nursing home and doing very poorly (tel call from his sister this morning). He has a flight booked to Australia in 2 weeks but he needs to change that to next week. I have googled on how to fix the problem, and done things suggested, but no avail. Have turned off internet and computer a few times - no good either. This happened on both explorer and google browsers - just could not log into the websites at all. All other websites are working OK. Any suggestion, please. Thanks in advance.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, SPG Plat
I am having the same problem as well. Must be an issue on AA's end.

My browser says:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.aa.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I'm running into the same problem on both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome on my computer. The site works fine on Safari on my phone, so you might try that if you have an Apple device of any sort (don't have laptop with me to test that version of Safari so I can only speak for mobile).
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

working fine for me using IE 11
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:44 am
Original Poster

A big relief that it was not just me! I have tried safari on both my iPhone and ipad and same error message. However, hubby at work could log into aa.com OK. Strange that all devices at home did not work. Hope that the problem will fix itself. Hubby said to telephone AA.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, American Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I am still having the same problem, very annoying.

Been running virus checkers for the last hour, nice to see I am not the only one and it doesn't appear to be a man in the middle attack.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Does not work from China either in Chrome or Safari.... nice
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Yep. Here as well. Trying to get in to print the wife's boarding passes for this afternoon's flight.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Seems like the AA SSL certificate was revoked. Guessing someone is going to have a bad day.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Okay, so I tried aa.com on my PC with IE 11 and got right in. Maybe IE doesn't check the certificate on every load?

My Mac on both Safari and Chrome said the certificate was revoked and would not let me in.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
No problem logging in here. Windows 10, Chrome 63.0.3239.84
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Still no luck for me. Tried with IE11 and it did not work for me - same error message.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Firefox 57 on Windows 10:

Virtually nothing on FB or Twitter from AA so far. The single message I see from them:

Our Web Team is aware and working to resolve it. If you're needing assistance, Please call our Reservations Desk at 800-433-7300.

Last edited by DenverBrian; Dec 8, 2017 at 7:00 am
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Firefox 57 on Windows 10:

Virtually nothing on FB or Twitter from AA so far. The single message I see from them:
See to work with IE11 but not chrome 62.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Back up for me on Chrome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.