Search

New Status on Existing Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
New Status on Existing Reservations

First time poster, long time lurker

Currently on one of my weekly trips and on my return travel home this evening, I will reach the 90 segment threshold for Platinum Pro. I have three more trips booked over the next few weeks, including a segment run tomorrow to help me get to EXP before the end of the year. My experience has been that my flight segments and miles always updates on my account the day after I fly, or occasionally two days after. The new status on existing reservations often takes 5 to 7 days before it starts shows the correct group number for boarding purposes (happened when I got to Gold and Platinum). Has anyone had recent success contacting the AAdvantage Desk and getting their new status refreshed? I know I will not move up a group number with PP but do want to be considered for the upgrades on the longer flights I take. I am sure tomorrow's travel might be too soon but would like to be considered for upgrades on flights early next week.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
You are correct, it takes ~5 days for the system to update. Calling won't actually help in my experience - I called but BP still showed as the old status.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
3 days is the best it has ever happened to me, but no increased chance when calling.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Just an update on my original post. Only one segment from Thursday posted by Friday mornings travel. By Sat early afternoon, the second Thu segment and the 4 Friday segments had posted and PP status showing in the AA app. Interestingly enough, my trip segments for this week have changed for the > 500 segments which now show complimentary rather than a checkbox for using stickers. Boarding pass in app still says Platinum though which isn't a big deal since I would be in Group 3 either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.