Wiki Posts
Search

Better J seat to LHR? (to merge)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Better J seat to LHR? (to merge)

Does AA finally only offer full lie flats to Heathrow? I cant decide between a flight from Charlotte on an A330 or a flight from ORD on a 772. Can you guys give me some guidnace on the better seat? I assume the A330 will be an old US Air bird which should have a good seat? My main concern is not ending up in an angled seat. Thanks
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Valveking
Does AA finally only offer full lie flats to Heathrow? I cant decide between a flight from Charlotte on an A330 or a flight from ORD on a 772. Can you guys give me some guidnace on the better seat? I assume the A330 will be an old US Air bird which should have a good seat? My main concern is not ending up in an angled seat. Thanks
You won't get an angled flat seat to LHR, as there aren't any left on AA widebodies.

The A330 has a thread for J here, and the 772 has two seat possibilities: Zodiac here or B/E Aerospace heroes here.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
No more angled seats on AA 772s. The only consideration would be if you're OK with the Zodiac forward/backward seating possibility on the 772. The fleet have those mixed planes with the B/E Diamond seats which are all forward facing seats. Crap shoot..
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:17 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I don't believe there are any angled seats left flying (except some 767-300s, and maybe select 757s?), but the A330 and 772 are lie-flat. 772 has two different types of lie-flat seats; some are very similar to the A330, while the others (Zodiac) have alternating forward/rear-facing seats.

Some people love the rear-facing seats, but do note that configuration suffers from a situation with the seats. They're somehow connected and when a pax in one seat moves, it shakes the other seat.

All-in-all I prefer the 77W, 787-9 (Super Diamond) 772 (Super Diamond, similar to A330) then A330 seats. 772 (Zodiac) and 787 (Zodiac) are my lesser favorite for the shaky-seat reason.

All are lie-flat.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

OK thanks. I had gotten myself confused because Seat Guru said the ORD flight might be an old angled flat 772, but I went through the booking on AA and it seems to be the alternate rear facing seats.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
OK thanks. I had gotten myself confused because Seat Guru said the ORD flight might be an old angled flat 772, but I went through the booking on AA and it seems to be the alternate rear facing seats.
Seatguru is often outdated.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Check the threads I linked to above.

Since SeatGuru was taken over by Trip Advisor they're slow to update (we are talking months) and slower to correct. Where they're relatively accurate, the FlyerTalk threads link to them in the Wikiposts at the top of the page. Where they're not...

As there haven't been any NGBC angled flat seats in the air for a couple of months, you don't have to worry about them at all.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks folks. I decided to go with the A330 out of Charlotte.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Valueking, I assembled a quick reference guide here; it covers the wide variety of AA's long haul business class seats.
allset2travel and Perdita like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.