Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Status Progress and EQD / EQS / EQMileage "Runs" (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Progress and EQD / EQS / EQMileage "Runs" (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, JetSmarter, Global Entry, CLEAR
Smile Status Progress and EQD / EQS / EQMileage "Runs" (2017)

August is ending, which means there is only about 4 months left in the year!!! Mileage runs will have to be starting somewhat soon for everyone trying to get to that next status.

Let's make this thread for status mileage runs on AA. Where is everyone looking to go? How many miles do you need? What status are you going for this year?

Feel free to post pricing as well as your route. Let's see where everyone is trying to go to hit that next status!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:18 pm

No status runs for me due to a heavy flying schedule, but if anyone's thinking about positioning to CAI, hit me up! Happy to help out/recommend some fun things to do/see.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, JetSmarter, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
No status runs for me due to a heavy flying schedule, but if anyone's thinking about positioning to CAI, hit me up! Happy to help out/recommend some fun things to do/see.
What status are you looking at hitting this year? Always exciting hitting the new status each year!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Probably going to try hit AA EXP this year. Booked travel leaves me about on Platinum Pro w/ ~75k EQMs, so it's still a huge stretch to get 25k EQMs in a few months :P

Likely going to fly CX Premium Economy HKG-JFK and back, which yields ~24k EQMs but might have a hard time explaining to US CBP why I flew 16h to spend one weekend in NYC! (And as a non-US passport holder, I'm kind of sure I will get sent to secondary for that)

Luckily EQDs haven't affected me as I rarely fly AA (and the only times I do, it's always been short-notice full-fare Y which lets me overshoot EQDs by far!)
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by mike.macrone
What status are you looking at hitting this year? Always exciting hitting the new status each year!
I decided earlier this year to give all of my business to AA, and am currently sitting at around 300K EQM, so doing alright! However, looking at 2018 Q1 travel patterns, I may look into getting status with the LH Group ^
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:44 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I have 2 same-day turn MRs PHX-LAX-LHR-JNB booked for Oct and Nov in PE on BA.

I do 1-2 of these per year on OW and Skyteam.

Per trip:

EQMs: 34,231
EQDs: $4,630

Total Spent per trip: $1500.
get0ffdanutzz likes this.

Last edited by 355F1; Aug 19, 2017 at 6:21 pm
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I need around 5400 EQM to make PLT again next year. I've already reached the EQD threshold. I've come up with 3 possible itineraries to get there. SAN-MIA-JFK-CLT-SAN going out on the redeye midweek, getting to JFK late morning and then doing an immediate turn around and be back in SAN around 6:30PM the next day for around $290 in coach, or a SAN-DFW-IAH-DFW-SAN all in the same day in F for $580 during the week, or a Saturday evening redeye to ORD and straight back to get back home early afternoon on the Sunday again in First for $620. The last is the most expensive, but won't cost a days vacation and won't totally screw up the weekend, so that's the one I'm leaning towards.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
UGH I hate this thread right now! Still undecided on whether or not I will make a run at keeping status. If so, it's EXP or bust. If only I didn't live in DFW....
mike.macrone likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Mileage runs now are only as good at the appropriate EQD level they satisfy.
Dallas49er and mike.macrone like this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:23 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Right now I am booked to end 2017 with 100,060 EQMs and $382 SHORT of EXP.

I will probably have to book a FC ticket to PDX when I fly there in Nov, as Y is usually only $250.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
I need around 5400 EQM to make PLT again next year. I've already reached the EQD threshold. I've come up with 3 possible itineraries to get there. SAN-MIA-JFK-CLT-SAN going out on the redeye midweek, getting to JFK late morning and then doing an immediate turn around and be back in SAN around 6:30PM the next day for around $290 in coach, or a SAN-DFW-IAH-DFW-SAN all in the same day in F for $580 during the week, or a Saturday evening redeye to ORD and straight back to get back home early afternoon on the Sunday again in First for $620. The last is the most expensive, but won't cost a days vacation and won't totally screw up the weekend, so that's the one I'm leaning towards.
What about 2x SAN-ORD-SAN same day turn around on a Sunday 9/3 and Saturday 9/16 for the $113 each?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I'm at 90K+ EQM and over the EQD threshold. With natural travel it will be a bit tight to get to 100K so may need a traditional MR before year end. Opportunities out of AUS for true MRs are rare.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EP
No they aren't! There are many people who need EQMs. EQDs may not even come into play. Plus, MRs, for some, could take them over thresholds for extra SWUs.

Balnket statement(s) regarding just being EQDs are not right. Each individual situation can be/is different.

Originally Posted by enviroian
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:00 am

Currently 851 EQD's short of EXP for the end of the year. Hoping to get some cheap Alaska first class fares.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by enviroian
Oddly, I'm spending less this year to get EXP than I (and my employer) did before the EQD requirement came into play.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.