Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1852180-archive-2016-help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1852180-archive-2016-help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I recently had good luck with JFK-LHR, JFK-CDG and Zurich-PHL.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Also AA to FRA, AY to HEL, AB to DUS
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA
Look via PHL, JFK, BOS or CLT. PHL has the most directs to Europe. Recently flew PHL-ATH on biz.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I have a IND-JFK-ZRH milesaaver business booked for September. There used to be a page out there that had all of the US-Europe AA routes on it.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Are there any charges (other then additional taxes maybe) to " upgrade" from a business class BA award ticket to BA First if it becomes available after we book the business class ticket?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by LGA
Did you call?

(I realize this is incredibly basic, but many don't.)
Thats what im going to do next..
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
I searched through Alaska and found a bunch of AA flights that don't even appear when i search AA system via AA website. Can i call AA customer service and book by giving them the flight numbers?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Membersince2013
I searched through Alaska and found a bunch of AA flights that don't even appear when i search AA system via AA website. Can i call AA customer service and book by giving them the flight numbers?
You can try. I'd say it's more likely you have found phantom availability.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 8:41 am

Strategy Help Needed

I have confirmed outbound SEA-ATH BA F reservations for next year.

Using the BA award calendar I have been tracking my return possibilities.

All looked great until last night when the inventory and available days for my ATH-SEA went " not available" in F. ( I am about a week out from booking)

I do see flights available ( On the BA calendar...still outside the 330 day window) a few days earlier then what my intended return was. And there is actually availability showing a few days earlier for my outbound now on AA.

I don't mind adjusting our travel itinerary.

My question..after a long winded set-up....

Can I put on hold another outbound flight ( a few days earlier then our confirmed reservation) and wait to see if the return currently showing on BA stays available? I would hate to wait the few days or so to see if the inbound stays open and miss the outbound opportunity.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by david4455
I have confirmed outbound SEA-ATH BA F reservations for next year.

Using the BA award calendar I have been tracking my return possibilities.

All looked great until last night when the inventory and available days for my ATH-SEA went " not available" in F. ( I am about a week out from booking)

I do see flights available ( On the BA calendar...still outside the 330 day window) a few days earlier then what my intended return was. And there is actually availability showing a few days earlier for my outbound now on AA.

I don't mind adjusting our travel itinerary.

My question..after a long winded set-up....

Can I put on hold another outbound flight ( a few days earlier then our confirmed reservation) and wait to see if the return currently showing on BA stays available? I would hate to wait the few days or so to see if the inbound stays open and miss the outbound opportunity.
Yes, but...

If there are a few days gap between your ticketed outbound and the one you want to hold, it's unlikely to be flagged as a duplicate or speculative reservation. So you should be able to hold it, without issue.

Where things may get tricky is you actually decide to confirm the switch. What you really would want is to make a free date change of the ticketed flight into the held inventory in the new PNR, but I suspect this may not be possible in one step. There's no guarantee that if you release the hold, that the inventory will remain available to change the ticketed flight. Of course, you can always just cancel the ticketed flight, but that would entail a redeposit fee (unless EXP).
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by swag
Yes, but...

If there are a few days gap between your ticketed outbound and the one you want to hold, it's unlikely to be flagged as a duplicate or speculative reservation. So you should be able to hold it, without issue.

Where things may get tricky is you actually decide to confirm the switch. What you really would want is to make a free date change of the ticketed flight into the held inventory in the new PNR, but I suspect this may not be possible in one step. There's no guarantee that if you release the hold, that the inventory will remain available to change the ticketed flight. Of course, you can always just cancel the ticketed flight, but that would entail a redeposit fee (unless EXP).
Great information. Thank you. That is exactly what I would want to do....move the new PNR over to the existing reservation. But if I read right what you are saying this is not possible with a risk of losing the hold or a redeposit fee.

Darn. I may just have to hope the seats stay open through the next week.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:10 am

Are there any charges (other then additional taxes maybe) to " upgrade" from a business class BA award ticket to BA First if it becomes available after we book the business class ticket?
There wasn't when we changed in late 2015 for our April 2016 flight. In fact we saw a minor net refund due to fluctuations in the exchange rate!

If you make the change be sure to schedule as much time as possible in the Concorde Room at LHR. We had slightly less than five hours between flights and felt rushed to have breakfast, massage and cabana time....another 1st world problem.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Clay Clayton
There wasn't when we changed in late 2015 for our April 2016 flight. In fact we saw a minor net refund due to fluctuations in the exchange rate!

If you make the change be sure to schedule as much time as possible in the Concorde Room at LHR. We had slightly less than five hours between flights and felt rushed to have breakfast, massage and cabana time....another 1st world problem.
That is interesting advice....because another post of mine about whether I should do a 90 min. connection or a 4.5 hour connection @LHR on the BA forum gave me almost 100% "take the shorter connection"......but they all may be jaded by the Concorde Room experience.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 12:46 pm
Suspended

That is interesting advice....because another post of mine about whether I should do a 90 min. connection or a 4.5 hour connection @LHR on the BA forum gave me almost 100% "take the shorter connection"......but they all may be jaded by the Concorde Room experience.
Concorde Room is absolutely nothing special at this point, and, IMHO, 5 hours would be absolutely interminable if it can at all be avoided.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Concorde Room is absolutely nothing special at this point, and, IMHO, 5 hours would be absolutely interminable if it can at all be avoided.
The new flight I am looking at arrives LHR at 6:45 AM and connects to my ATH flight at 8:15 AM all in T5..... which from everything I read is very doable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.