Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1852180-archive-2016-help

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1852180-archive-2016-help

Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:32 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Arrow http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1852180-archive-2016-help

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Yea unfortunately AA metal only has anytime awards which are 215k miles which is rubbish.
Well you either need to find AA award space TATL (look also through other airports in Europe) or find BA space and pay the higher carrier surcharge (which is not tax). Not sure what else you were expecting?

Originally Posted by Microwave
Unfortunately BA have considerably less lift from INV, so it may not work... Good luck.
BA does not currently serve INV.

Last edited by nux; Mar 3, 2016 at 7:45 am
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by nux
BA does not currently serve INV.
http://airlineroute.net/2015/11/05/ba-inv-may16/
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nux
Find AA F award space TATL, and connect to ABZ on BA via LHR.
Note there are no carrier surcharges on BA shorthaul/domestic flights.
You are incorrect. Pasted below is tax/fees for a coach award AA JFK-LHR connecting to BA LHR-ABZ. It's modest, to be sure, but it's not zero.

Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Clay Clayton
I am currently holding award tickets on AF (via Delta points) for IAH>Paris>MUC and then training to Salzburg. Given the upcoming changes to the AA program, I decided I ought to look to see if we could get to Salzburg or Munich using my AA points (didn't do this originally because of the high BA fees). Back then, Air Berlin was showing on the AA website but never had any real availability unless we were willing to go through at least two airports in the US and one or two in Europe. I just logged onto my BA account since I understood that I could see Iberia availability but was unable to find any.

Before I call AA can one you with access to the more advanced websites tell if there is any business or first availability on the following flights?
April 13, 2016
AB#7001 (MIA>DUS)
AB#7421 (ORD>Berlin-Tegel)
IB#6118 (MIA>MAD)
IB#6274 (ORD>MAD)
IB#6250 (JFK>MAD).

Thanks in advance!
Any availability on those flights would show up on aa.com (for AB) or ba.com (for IB). If you don't see them there, there is (currently) no availability.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
Any availability on those flights would show up on aa.com (for AB) or ba.com (for IB). If you don't see them there, there is (currently) no availability.
My bad. I had tried and tried to find IB availability on ba.com but due to the way it lays out the offerings, I thought it was showing me all classes of service weren't available rather than only the one I had input...so I thought I was doing something wrong since I couldn't find any availability from anywhere in the US to Madrid. Once I changed my search to Econ, flights showed up

Guess I won't be redeeming any AApoints before the devaluation.
Thanks for your help!
Clay
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Clay Clayton
My bad. I had tried and tried to find IB availability on ba.com but due to the way it lays out the offerings, I thought it was showing me all classes of service weren't available rather than only the one I had input...so I thought I was doing something wrong since I couldn't find any availability from anywhere in the US to Madrid. Once I changed my search to Econ, flights showed up

Guess I won't be redeeming any AApoints before the devaluation.
Thanks for your help!
Clay
Right, ba.com shows 3 classes of service in award search results, so you have to be careful how you search, because the flights with 4 classes (econ, prem econ, bus, F) won't show availability for all cabins. Plus it's kinda flaky anyway, and sometimes it doesn't show all partner flights if there are multiple frequencies on the same day.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold - so flying too much again... plus AA, LX, VS and too many hotel programmes to mention
Cancellation of sAAver award & mileage redeposit

Sorry if this is a newbie question (I mostly earn & redeem on BA not AA)

I have the following itineraries:
LHR-SJU-LAX and LAX-SJU-LHR. Transatlantic sectors on BA in J, domestic on AA in F. Booked at 2 separate 50k SAAver awards.

Availability came up on LHR-SAN in both directions in F which suited me a lot better so that has now been booked.

I now need to cancel the first award and get the miles redeposited to my AA account.

Please can you advise is it better to do this
a) online in the "My reservations" part of aa.com
b) by calling them

I am aware that I need to pay to redeposit the 100k miles - do they take this from the taxes already paid or do I need to call to pay separately?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
Careful, you might currently have an impossible itinerary and the system could cancel one of your tickets.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by FlyingDentist
Sorry if this is a newbie question (I mostly earn & redeem on BA not AA)

I have the following itineraries:
LHR-SJU-LAX and LAX-SJU-LHR. Transatlantic sectors on BA in J, domestic on AA in F. Booked at 2 separate 50k SAAver awards.

Availability came up on LHR-SAN in both directions in F which suited me a lot better so that has now been booked.

I now need to cancel the first award and get the miles redeposited to my AA account.

Please can you advise is it better to do this
a) online in the "My reservations" part of aa.com
b) by calling them

I am aware that I need to pay to redeposit the 100k miles - do they take this from the taxes already paid or do I need to call to pay separately?

Thanks in advance
You need to call. Cancelling online will just cancel the ticket, but the miles will not be redeposited until you call and give AA a credit card for the redeposit fee.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
150. Fee for changing carriers but keeping same routing

Ok I know this has been mentioned but I wanted to see if there is a change. The res agent I spoke to said that if I change from Malaysian to CX keeping the same routing kul-hkg there us a 150.00 fee. I thought as long as I leave the origin and destination the same I can change the dates and or carriers. Res agent said that violated some convention???? When I made the booing I specifically asked if I can make changes to date and carriers without a fee and was told yes.

If it makes a difference I called the Australia res center and got the answer that I have to pay a fee to change carriers
Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Is there any possibility of looking for system-wide OW awards without bopping around to AA/BA/IB/JL/etc? I want to avoid BA at all cost.

Also, how does one do an around the world award? I thought I saw that on aa.com once but I can't find it.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cruisr
...If it makes a difference I called the Australia res center and got the answer that I have to pay a fee to change carriers
It does, you don't want to be asking them on this.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
It does, you don't want to be asking them on this.
Yep. It's best to call the US call center for this.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by cruisr
... The res agent I spoke to said that if I change from Malaysian to CX keeping the same routing kul-hkg there us a 150.00 fee. I thought as long as I leave the origin and destination the same I can change the dates and or carriers. ...
I thought the rules was not so much keeping origin and destination the same, more that you can't change a booking from one containing only oneworld airlines to one having other non-oneworld partners (or vv) without having the $150 fee assessed.

Now MH and CX are both oneworld airlines so there should no fee charged in this case, I just wanted some clarification.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by serfty
I thought the rules was not so much keeping origin and destination the same, more that you can't change a booking from one containing only oneworld airlines to one having other non-oneworld partners (or vv) without having the $150 fee assessed.

Now MH and CX are both oneworld airlines so there should no fee charged in this case, I just wanted some clarification.
I agree with you. However, there is also a rule that there cannot be a change in governing carrier. It seems different agents may interpret the rules differently, and it is a matter of getting the right agent.

The following thread may be helpful, particularly some of the links posted by JonNYC.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...hanges-23.html

Last edited by flyingeph12; Mar 6, 2016 at 2:12 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.