Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Air Berlin flights no longer bookable on AA.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M

I have an upcoming TXL-MUC-PHL flight in August, the first leg operated by Air Berlin. Till a few weeks ago AB connecting flights were bookable on aa.com when "advanced search" -> "all airlines" was selected and I booked mine in March. Now all AB connecting flights have been removed, and the only option is BA (reserved as a BA or AA codeshare) via LHR or IB (as an AA codeshare) via MAD. I imagine that this is an informed decision given the mess AB is these days with heavy delays and lost luggage. The AA/AB codeshare was already terminated some time ago (AA terminating codeshare with Air Berlin / AB – effective March 2017). I wish I had booked the TXL-MAD flight as the first leg instead, but I suppose that unless AB goes bust before August, I can't request a rerouting just because AB service is getting steadily worse and my bag may be lost for days.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by krzysz
I imagine that this is an informed decision given the mess AB is these days with heavy delays and lost luggage.
I'm guessing it has zero to do with this.

The aa.com search is iffy at best when it comes to searches that involve partners and/or other airlines. Issues like this seem to come and go depending on the exact search, how flights are loaded, etc.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hope and watch for significant schedule changes and request better flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.