Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Getting a copy of a reservation as originally ticketed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle

I have only realised this not but several months ago I must have accidentally deleted the (gmail) email containing the original ticket for an itinerary. I have now flown the itinerary but unfortunately, due to a mixture of maintenance and weather problems, I will have to make a claim on my insurance to recover the costs incurred.

The ticket was with miles. I have tried to get a receipt of the ticket on
https://prefunds.aa.com/refunds/

However my ticket number now shows the re-routing of the itinerary not the original one. I tried to contact AA but I was told that any request must be made in writing to the Phoenix office and a fee is payable. Is there any other way of getting hold of the original itinerary?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:09 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A few possibilities MAY work:
(1)If you recently deleted the message it may (still) be in the TRASH folder.
(2)If you paid with a cc, the ORIGINAL itn may show as part of the cc record.
(3)If you purchased the ticket with a 24 hour HOLD, the original itn should show in the email from AA (separate from the confirming e-ticket email).
(4)have you been ARCHIVING your gmails, it may still be intact?*
I did a GOOGLE search re retrieving deleted gmails, if it was PERMENANTLY deleted it seems it is lost forever.
*A few years ago I decided to make a copy (saved to MY HD) of my gmails, it took HOURS to do it and took lots of space--I'm not sure of why it did that operation.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Thanks. I tried all of those before posting. 2) does not report the whole itinerary, which I really need. Stupid of me to delete the email rather than archiving it. Don't know why I did that.

But AA should have the original itinerary. I am confused that the same ticket number would show the revised itinerary and not the original one. I thought they'd do a ticket reissue in these cases. Is there any way of getting hold of it from AA'a side (other than by writing in)?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Try "Manage my booking" -> "View/print itinerary" on http://www.etihad.com/en/. You will be taken to the virtuallythere/Sabre page. Perhaps you will be able to access your electronic ticket receipt there.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by krzysz
Try "Manage my booking" -> "View/print itinerary" on http://www.etihad.com/en/. You will be taken to the virtuallythere/Sabre page. Perhaps you will be able to access your electronic ticket receipt there.
Why start at etihad.com? You can just go to virtuallythere.com or tripcase (which replaced it), but even that won't work as AA doesn't allow it.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
Why start at etihad.com? You can just go to virtuallythere.com or tripcase (which replaced it), but even that won't work as AA doesn't allow it.
Just try it and see what happens and you'll see the reason.

Virtuallythere redirects you to tripcase. In the past, when virtuallythere still worked independently, AA reservations weren't accessible. They are accessible via etihad though there may be a restriction that there needs to be an Amadeus-based airline (e.g. Finnair, AirBerlin, BA) flight in the reservation. Otherwise, you may get the following note, "THIS RESERVATION DOESN'T HAVE EMAIL, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR TRAVEL ARRANGER". Presumably, AA doesn't add the email address to the reservation. You can add it via Amadeus, but there must be a segment operated by an Amadeus-based airline in the reservation.

It is quite useful, as you can access all etickets issued for a reservation.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:04 pm

Just try it and see what happens and you'll see the reason.

Virtuallythere redirects you to tripcase. In the past, when virtuallythere still worked independently, AA reservations weren't accessible. They are accessible via etihad though there may be a restriction that there needs to be an Amadeus-based airline (e.g. Finnair, AirBerlin, BA) flight in the reservation. Otherwise, you may get the following note, "THIS RESERVATION DOESN'T HAVE EMAIL, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR TRAVEL ARRANGER". Presumably, AA doesn't add the email address to the reservation. You can add it via Amadeus, but there must be a segment operated by an Amadeus-based airline in the reservation.

It is quite useful, as you can access all etickets issued for a reservation.
I think you have been lucky. I have an AA issued RTW ticket that has 3 Amadeus carriers (QR, LA, CX) and your way doesn't work. I get the no email error. Checkmytrip does not show an email or phone number, but QR, BA and AY websites (all Amadeus based) show both email and phone numbers.

Were your tickets issued by AA when you did this? Have you done it recently? AA cut access to tripcase in late January.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
I think you have been lucky. I have an AA issued RTW ticket that has 3 Amadeus carriers (QR, LA, CX) and your way doesn't work. I get the no email error. Checkmytrip does not show an email or phone number, but QR, BA and AY websites (all Amadeus based) show both email and phone numbers.

Were your tickets issued by AA when you did this? Have you done it recently? AA cut access to tripcase in late January.
Yes, my ticket was issued by AA in early March and then reissued at the end of March after a schedule change to an AY flight in the reservation. I have updated my email account on BA and AY websites - maybe it will help if you update it, too, even if it is already there? Btw, LA uses Sabre (but you will have a different PNR for the LA flight than the one of AA), so you should be able to at least access the LA segments of the reservation on Etihad. If your LA flight is operated by Latam Brazil (JJ), it will have an Amadeus PNR.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:34 pm

Yes, my ticket was issued by AA in early March and then reissued at the end of March after a schedule change to an AY flight in the reservation. I have updated my email account on BA and AY websites - maybe it will help if you update it, too, even if it is already there? Btw, LA uses Sabre (but you will have a different PNR for the LA flight than the one of AA), so you should be able to at least access the LA segments of the reservation on Etihad. If your LA flight is operated by Latam Brazil (JJ), it will have an Amadeus PNR.
Wow, it worked when I used the LAN PNR on the Etihad site, but not the AA PNR. All my old receipts show up! Crazy.

EDIT: Well, I just used the LAN PNR on tripcase and got the same results: only the LAN flights, but access to all my old receipts.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:40 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nrr
A few possibilities MAY work:
(1)If you recently deleted the message it may (still) be in the TRASH folder.
(2)If you paid with a cc, the ORIGINAL itn may show as part of the cc record.
(3)If you purchased the ticket with a 24 hour HOLD, the original itn should show in the email from AA (separate from the confirming e-ticket email).
(4)have you been ARCHIVING your gmails, it may still be intact?*
I did a GOOGLE search re retrieving deleted gmails, if it was PERMENANTLY deleted it seems it is lost forever.
*A few years ago I decided to make a copy (saved to MY HD) of my gmails, it took HOURS to do it and took lots of space--I'm not sure of why I did that operation.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:19 am
Original Poster

I am afraid I'd tried already virtuallythere to no avail. The itinerary does not show. I tried ethiad.com which I had not tried before, but the result is the same: the itinerary does not come up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.