Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Eagle's Nest (LAX Remote/regional jet terminal) How to Fix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eagle's Nest (LAX Remote/regional jet terminal) How to Fix

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by commavia
Of note, comments from this morning's earnings call by Stephen Johnson, AA's EVP-Corporate Affairs:

"And then finally, we're in negotiations with LAWA for a long-term lease at LAX that will change the face of our facilities there. Those negotiations are confidential beyond that, so I won't say anymore, but we're hopeful that we can get those completed in the next four or five weeks."
Looks like AA and LAWA are finally wrapping up the negotiations for AA's compensation for the loss of its hangars and the old Eagle's Nest. Good news.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
UA and AA will be flipping terminals or some other hare brained idea. I mean why wasnt this done as part of the major LAX reorganization?
Zero chance of UA and AA swapping space. Much more likely that AA takes over most or all of T5 and keeps some TBIT gates (new gates in the mid-field concourse when built/and or its existing preferential use TBIT gates).

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
I'll put my bet on T5 to take on a change to accommodate RJ's once the midfield concourse is through a significant build - wouldn't be surprising if the T4 Intl departures move to TBIT entirely, freeing up more T4 space for mainline, thus freeing up more space for T5 based RJs.
DL has been using gates at T5 for CR2s, CR7s, CR9s and E175s for many years (as it does not have a separate regional terminal like AA does). No big changes necessary. For the interim (before the midfield concourse is built), however, some changes to T5 might be necessary so that all the misc carriers moving to T5 from T2 and T3 can use the gates.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by FWAAA
DL has been using gates at T5 for CR2s, CR7s, CR9s and E175s for many years (as it does not have a separate regional terminal like AA does). No big changes necessary. For the interim (before the midfield concourse is built), however, some changes to T5 might be necessary so that all the misc carriers moving to T5 from T2 and T3 can use the gates.
Noted; my point was I see AA taking a few more gates in T5 as final moves happen and configuring nearly all those gates in T5 they will get to be RJ.

Last edited by NickP 1K; Apr 29, 2017 at 4:34 pm
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Looks like AA and LAWA are finally wrapping up the negotiations for AA's compensation for the loss of its hangars and the old Eagle's Nest. Good news.

Zero chance of UA and AA swapping space. Much more likely that AA takes over most or all of T5 and keeps some TBIT gates (new gates in the mid-field concourse when built/and or its existing preferential use TBIT gates).

The or otger hare brained idea was meant to cobvey that such ifea was stupid/unlikely. However brains dont always seem to be involved with airline choices.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Received notification from AMEX GBT that a handful of SFO/LAX reservations throughout the fall on American Eagle had schedule changes, all of which are now arriving ~20m earlier. 20m being roughly the time it takes to taxi to the remote terminal, here's to hoping [the incredibly small chance that] some AE operations are finally moving to T5 .
ShortDog and E55 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.