Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AARP discount on AA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MADPhil
I did it most recently about a year ago to enjoy the 788 on ORD-MAN.
Me three, in December, to enjoy the 77W on JFK-LHR.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by ShutteLag
You mean they used to be called AAOP? American Association of Old People?
No, they simply changed their former name to just the abbreviation: AARP.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by MADPhil
AARP has taken people at 50 for a long time and I don't think they really check.
You can actually join AARP at any age. They will gladly take anyone who will pay the $16 annual fee.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Let's try to stay on topic, which is AARP/Senior discounts on AA. The answer is no. What age one is able to join AARP or what AARP stands for is not germane to AA.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by controller1
Let's try to stay on topic, which is AARP/Senior discounts on AA. The answer is no. What age one is able to join AARP or what AARP stands for is not germane to AA.
The answer is decidedly yes, but you have to book it through BA as a codeshare.
Anyone can join AARP irrespective of age. Just go to thier website. After joining follow the BA link from the AARP website.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Blumie
Anyone can join AARP irrespective of age. Just go to thier website. After joining follow the BA link from the AARP website.
Yep, I'm a millennial and a member of AARP -- mainly because I'm a caretaker for my mother who is >65. But since the process doesn't restrict you to a different membership category based on age anyway (i.e. you're still a general member regardless of age), you can use any of the member discounts, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.