Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by tramm7
I have a physical voucher that I was hoping to use for miles/co-pay upgrade on an upcoming trip. I am currently wait-listed for the upgrade. AA agent tells me that vouchers cannot be used for upgrades only for new travel. The Wiki says otherwise. Can anybody confirm that voucher is okay for upgrade co-pay?
+1.

This seems to be a subject where very few agents have even basic knowkedge.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
my experience is a lil different... Cancelled my $860 ticket, they just gave me a code, and bought my $540 ticket. My ticket is already ticketed, and i have $70 left on that code.. No paper voucher were ever sent to me...
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Marriott LT Platinum - National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by plexwang
Purchased a $1000 ticket in May and later on have to cancel it due to family reasons. I intend to apply it to another $250 reservation with a change fee of $250.

Based on the previous experience I should be issued a $750 voucher.
-$250 + -$250 + $1000 = $500

Not sure how you come up with $750 after $250 fare and $250 change fee.

Last edited by reeg2; Jul 29, 2015 at 1:16 pm Reason: re-wrote equation
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by plexwang
Purchased a $1000 ticket in May and later on have to cancel it due to family reasons. I intend to apply it to another $250 reservation with a change fee of $250.
Originally Posted by reeg2
-$250 + -$250 + $1000 = $500

Not sure how you come up with $750 after $250 fare and $250 change fee.
intend: to have in mind as something to be done or brought about; plan.

As in, the $250 reservation has not been purchased yet. $750 voucher is correct.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott PP; Hilton Gold
My experience is that they don't send you a paper voucher when you cancel over the phone. I've done it a few times in the past couple years and I've never received a paper voucher. They just note it in my account, so next time I book I do it over the phone and they're able to apply the value (minus change fee) to my new ticket.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:32 am

Quick question, and I apologize if it has already been asked.

I have a ticket in pending status for a flight in late august. I told the phone agent that I was using a voucher that covered the entire cost, and she took some basic information from me and told me to mail it. It has to be mailed by this Monday. I'm not sure if I want the flight anymore, and may want to run to the airport to use the voucher for something else. Has the voucher already been considered used? What happens if I simply don't mail it, or try to book something else with it while the ticket is in pending status?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Was also given the Pensacola, FL address when I called in to ask about my paper voucher. Updated the wiki with that one.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 3:48 pm

AA sent a voucher for canceled flight, never received, now what?

Hubby and I used vouchers for fully-refundable tix. We canceled our flight, and I requested refunds which of course were to be vouchers.

10 days ago I received my voucher but hubby has not, and I looked online his document # is one digit higher than mine, thus they should have been mailed/received around the same time.

What is the next step? I can't see anywhere on the AA site regarding whom to call for assistance. Thx.

Last edited by elizadoo; Aug 8, 2015 at 6:36 pm
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
What are my options if there's a significant schedule change on a reservation where I've mailed in the voucher and it's still pending? Should I to wait for the ticket to be issued before dealing with it, or can reservations modify the itinerary without re-faring to current prices?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: AA PLT
What happens if you need to cancel a ticket you paid using a voucher? Will you get a new voucher for the amount paid minus the change fee or will the amount paid with a voucher be lost?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Antipode
What are my options if there's a significant schedule change on a reservation where I've mailed in the voucher and it's still pending? Should I to wait for the ticket to be issued before dealing with it, or can reservations modify the itinerary without re-faring to current prices?
I just had this happen. Phone reservations was able to move me to a replacement flight, while honoring the fare that was on hold. The voucher people successfully ticketed the ticket for the new flight.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:18 am
21A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; PG06100 Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by patiolanterns
Quick question, and I apologize if it has already been asked.

I have a ticket in pending status for a flight in late august. I told the phone agent that I was using a voucher that covered the entire cost, and she took some basic information from me and told me to mail it. It has to be mailed by this Monday. I'm not sure if I want the flight anymore, and may want to run to the airport to use the voucher for something else. Has the voucher already been considered used? What happens if I simply don't mail it, or try to book something else with it while the ticket is in pending status?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
If it's not ticketed yet, the voucher isn't used. You can definitely use it toward a different reservation if you still have it in hand, and cancel the original reservation (or it would eventually expire on its own). If you had already mailed it, and then decided to cancel before ticketing, it would be returned to you unmodified.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:20 pm

Talking Ticketed for less than cost of voucher-How long wait for refunded difference voucher?

I used $161 for a one way ticket for my son's friend. I sent in the $300 voucher same day so about 12 days ago. I'm fairly certain it was received, because I received an email confirmation of the ticket just a few days ago and the record locator status changed to ticketed. What I need to know, is about how long will it take before I receive the new voucher for the difference? It just so happens that almost right after I sent the other voucher in, I found out that I needed to fly somewhere and I would like to use the remaining $140 off it so I've been waiting for the refund voucher to arrive but I don't know how much longer it will take. Anyone have an idea? Can I use the copy of the old voucher and call and reserve with it or do I have to wait to get the new voucher? Appreciate any info as I looked through the forum, and couldn't find this exact question addressed. Thanks.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by justmom
I used $161 for a one way ticket for my son's friend. I sent in the $300 voucher same day so about 12 days ago. I'm fairly certain it was received, because I received an email confirmation of the ticket just a few days ago and the record locator status changed to ticketed. What I need to know, is about how long will it take before I receive the new voucher for the difference? It just so happens that almost right after I sent the other voucher in, I found out that I needed to fly somewhere and I would like to use the remaining $140 off it so I've been waiting for the refund voucher to arrive but I don't know how much longer it will take. Anyone have an idea? Can I use the copy of the old voucher and call and reserve with it or do I have to wait to get the new voucher? Appreciate any info as I looked through the forum, and couldn't find this exact question addressed. Thanks.
I mailed in a voucher on June 30 for a flight in September. AA ticketed the flight on August 11 and I received the balance of the voucher on August 18. I don't see why you couldn't call in for your new reservation and tell them you plan to use a voucher, since the only thing they ask for is the amount of the voucher. And since they process by date of departure, it shouldn't matter when you actually mail in the voucher.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
Help and advice with paper voucher

I never received a paper voucher, when I emailed AA refunds, they simply replied in an email and gave me a voucher number (13 digits starting with 001), amount and date of isssue. I asked if I can use that email to get a voucher printed at airport, no response for months. So I called EXP desk and booked a trip, the agent told me to send in the email printout just like a paper voucher. I was elated to hear that and I did just that. I even called back again next day and confirmed again that it is okay to print email and mail it in instead of the actual voucher. I asked for that to be noted in my record locator. Now its been a months and the trip is coming up in 1 week, I've got the feeling this is not gonna work. The ticket still in unknown status. price of the ticket increase significantly since last month. What if, the ticketing department could not use the email printout as a paper voucher (which I suspect)? What happens when someone mails a voucher in and its lost in the mail (In guessing this is very similar)?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.