Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS Airbus A321 (merged threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: LUS Airbus A321 (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:04 am

What higgies said.

10C=best seat in coach, followed closely by 10F.

Be aware if you pick these that boarding ASAP is a good idea, as carry on space is a bit limited by some emergency gear, IIRC.

10F may actually be a bit better, because you won't be constantly bumped into by the parade of steamer trunks going down the aisle!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Kimpton Inner Circle, Hertz PC
I much prefer 10A and 10C to 10F. I am not a fan of 10F as there is no under-seat storage in the row in front of you because it has the flight attendant jump seat.

Another negative for row 23 is that it is next to the lavatory. I generally avoid seats in that area (noise, people standing up all flight next to you).

Hopefully you were able to snag one of those seats in row 10!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by LowlyDLsilver
What higgies said.

10C=best seat in coach, followed closely by 10F.

Be aware if you pick these that boarding ASAP is a good idea, as carry on space is a bit limited by some emergency gear, IIRC.

10F may actually be a bit better, because you won't be constantly bumped into by the parade of steamer trunks going down the aisle!
I am a Silver Dividend Miles Select US Airways customer so I get to board early.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by higgies
I think 10C is the best seat in the house. If you prefer windows though, I'd go 10A or 10F. the seats are a tiny bit narrower, but because they are like a box, you are contained to that space. So you or your neighbors butt/legs can't spill over. I find it super comfy.
For seat 10A, do you think there would be a little bit more width due to the fact that the armrest being built into the wall (if it is built in)?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by tackyjan
I am a Silver Dividend Miles Select US Airways customer so I get to board early.
You and 40 others on the plane. He meant to board early among that group.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
You and 40 others on the plane. He meant to board early among that group.
Ah! Duh on me
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by BluHorseshoe
I much prefer 10A and 10C to 10F. I am not a fan of 10F as there is no under-seat storage in the row in front of you because it has the flight attendant jump seat.

Another negative for row 23 is that it is next to the lavatory. I generally avoid seats in that area (noise, people standing up all flight next to you).

Hopefully you were able to snag one of those seats in row 10!
Can you tell me why you prefer 10A? What is it about 10A that you like...
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Check out Seatguru.com for more information.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Check out Seatguru.com for more information.
SeatGuru.com gives all seats in Row 10 a green/yellow review. Specifically for 10A they say it doesn't recline. :O

Interestingly, the only fully green seats on SeatGuru.com are 23A and 23F and yet it seems like most people prefer Row 10.

Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
I also don't mind 9D/E as they have underseat storage ahead.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
OK, here's the deal. If you want an aisle exit-row seat, go with 9D. 9E is fine, too, because there is no 9F. The FA will typically allow you to put your bag under the seat in front of you. (My gf and I have been allowed this every time we've taken 9D and 9E.) This is a superior outcome to 10C, a nearby aisle seat which is also an exit row -- but with no storage in front.

For a window aisle seat, go with 10A or 10F. You'll get no storage in front for either seat. You can get out of 10F to use the lav by walking forward and passing in front of the pax in 9D and 9E. 10F is kinda fun since you often get to sit next to those newbie Preferreds who did not do any research and booked 10D and 10E (technically exit-row seats) -- but the pax soon discover that those seats are no better than a typical coach seat on the A321.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: US Chairman's ––> AA Executive Platinum BIS 1.1MM
SeatGuru.com gives all seats in Row 10 a green/yellow review. Specifically for 10A they say it doesn't recline. :O

Interestingly, the only fully green seats on SeatGuru.com are 23A and 23F and yet it seems like most people prefer Row 10.
SeatGuru is wrong. The seats in rows 9 and 10 recline.

Of course, a major downside of row 23 is that you have to wait forever to get off the plane at the end of the flight.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: WFBF
Take seatguru with a grain of salt; sure, some exit row seats can be cramped because of the tray-table-in-armrest thing, but not anywhere near the number they flag for it.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
If I'm not upgraded it is either 10C or 23F. Even though you have to wait to get off 23F has under seat storage (under row 21) and no flight attendant seat. It also feels roomier as well... imo
Old Jan 29, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Kimpton Inner Circle, Hertz PC
10A,B,C and F all have more leg room than any other seat in the plane. A is the window which is nice for red eyes (you don't get bumped into by people/flight attendants in the aisle). You can also get in and out of your seat without disturbing other passengers in 10A. 10A and C also have underseat storage in the row in front of you. 10F is also a window, but it has the flight attendant seat in front of it which also means no underseat storage so it isn't nearly as nice in my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.