Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: AA Advantage; Hilton Honors
It's doing the same thing to me today. trying to book a round trip award.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
It's at least 3 days that the "choose your meal" is unavailable. It's just me, website and app, or it's generalized?
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Lefly
It's at least 3 days that the "choose your meal" is unavailable. It's just me, website and app, or it's generalized?
I was able to choose a meal on the website over the weekend.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by econ
I was able to choose a meal on the website over the weekend.
I forgot to specify I'm trying to do it as "guest", as I have no AA account.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:52 am

Here’s a new one, at least to me. I am using the current version of the iOS app.

After I checked in yesterday, my first flight was delayed & I got the message and email about changing my flight for free. Since I would rather spend another day here than spend the night at DFW, I just pushed the schedule back a day.

I am checked in for the new flights, and everything looks fine in the app and online, but mobile boarding passes in my wallet show yesterday’s info & are blue instead of black with no TSA pre or boarding group or anything. I have tried all the usual stuff: deleting and re-adding the passes, reinstalling the app, rebooting my phone, etc.

I will just get paper boarding passes at the airport, but this is sort of annoying anyway. Has anyone seen this?
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP.
LAX-MIA AA app glitch

So the last 4 times I flew to miami with the 11:20 pm redeye to miami my app just deletes my record locator from the viewing area. The first 3 times were 20-30 minutes before boarding but today it disappeared 20 minutes after boarding. Its only this specific flight where it does this. Anyone knows what causes this? I can look it up again under find flights but it doesn't stay
Old Oct 28, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
This happened to me a couple weeks ago, luckily i had screenshot of my Bp but if you input the locator and last name it will comeback and stay there. same flight.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Login problem at aa.com?

Is there a problem at aa.com? Last night and this morning, I haven't been able to log in. It doesn't say that my information is incorrect -- just returns me to the home screen (not logged in) or to the login page.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Logged in this morning to my aa account to make my meal selection for my 11/2 CLT - PHX flight and the meal selection option is not listed at all. Not on the website and not in the app.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by RaindropT
Logged in this morning to my aa account to make my meal selection for my 11/2 CLT - PHX flight and the meal selection option is not listed at all. Not on the website and not in the app.
Same issue here!
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
last night tried to check my MAD-JFK-LAX flight and at first it said the PNR was invalid but eventually got in. at first it showed the meal choice link but crapped out...and now today nada.
SamirD likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by AB Dada
Same issue here!
I DM'ed AA on Twitter and they said that "the service is not available at this time so we'll need to check again later on to see if it becomes available." Not remotely helpful but at least it confirms I'm not crazy and just missing it on the page somewhere!
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by aztimm; Nov 6, 2022 at 2:13 pm Reason: removed inappropriate comment
Old Nov 5, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
Oneworld Bag visibility on the AA app

So a friend is flying CLT-LHR-HAM, and checking a bag all the way through. AA, then BA. AA does their own ground handling in LHR, so we’ll be able to see the bag as AA offloads it in LHR.

But when AA gives it to BA, and BA scans it as it’s loaded onto the 2nd flight, will that appear in the AA app? I guess the question is….how connected is the BA baggage tracking system into the AA system and app?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
BA's system is completely separate from AA's. Don't expect to see anything once it hits LHR.
asnovici likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96
BA's system is completely separate from AA's. Don't expect to see anything once it hits LHR.
Nor have it be on your connecting flight.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.