Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2022, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Still can’t pick meals.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Still can’t pick meals.
Ditto - been trying all day (which is it's own sad thing that I care about this much!)
Old Oct 11, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Yes, I can't select meals on a JFK-LAX flight that previously showed the menu (but I didn't pick).
Old Oct 11, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by psiachp
Ditto - been trying all day (which is it's own sad thing that I care about this much!)
Not necessarily because if someone has a food allergen or restriction due to a medical need, it's pretty important to be able to pick your own meal.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:22 pm

Meals work now.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AB Dada
Meals work now.
Not for me.

SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 7:49 pm

Can't log in - what's up with the AA website lately? If I type the wrong password the message is clear - so it's not that. I type the correct PW - and it just goes to the login screen again. Cannot login.

Last week, all my flight searches took me to the advance / options page.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 8:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shipcamein
Can't log in - what's up with the AA website lately? If I type the wrong password the message is clear - so it's not that. I type the correct PW - and it just goes to the login screen again. Cannot login.

Last week, all my flight searches took me to the advance / options page.
It's back to normal, but something is definitely wrong with the website. The food orders have disappeared from all my relevant flights.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by AAL1
It's back to normal, but something is definitely wrong with the website. The food orders have disappeared from all my relevant flights.
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Not for me.
It’s been working fine for me every time I check.

I’m mobile, iPhone 14 latest firmware. Not that it should matter but I’m not computery.

SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by shipcamein
I am having the same problem this morning. It also happened a couple of times earlier in the week.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Whole website down tonight 🙏
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:16 am
Suspended

Seems they did a big fix overnight. Site working well for me now, meals and all.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 5:52 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Frustrating website... cannot book anything....

This is NUTS!

Ive been trying to book flights for a couple of hours. Ive tried different browsers, cleared cookies and cache and restarted the browsers, and even tried the app.

I cant get a single thing booked. It always either says the rate is no longer available for one of your flights, or this page has taken flight.

Repeating it only gets the exact same result.

Arrrrrgh.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I've booked several things in the last few hours. What specifically are you trying to book?
Antarius and SamirD like this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 5:26 am
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I've booked several things in the last few hours. What specifically are you trying to book?
Award multi city mco-clt-jfk.

I did so many times, the award miles needed doubled.

Then I found several of them sitting on hold.

I had to spend a good deal of time getting it straight.

The only way to make it work was to go segment by segment. Even then that changed the booking class to make it ineligible, but the agent was able to swap it to get it to work.

In the end I lost 2500 miles because of the fare changes....but 4 hours later I got it done.
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.