Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• If the website doesn't work try the app, or vice versa.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me
If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.
LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

Drunkmuppet: Go to book flights->advanced->clearhistory.

azsharonc: How to resolve the 400 errors in Chrome
1. clear you recent search history on the advanced search page
2. you can delete aa.com cookies by left clicking on American Airlines Inc in the address field
Select Cookies from the list
from the list of cookies, expand the caret for aa.com or www.aa.com
click on cookies then click remove.
• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services PhonesUnited Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkey with the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: 2016 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, etc. (2020-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 9:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
All good on the US site, 6/9/20 8:06pm Pacific Time

Logged in and viewed existing reservations
Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Is anyone having issues booking flights using a BAEC account number? I've tried several different combinations of flights (PHX-ELP, PHX-FAT etc. on different dates). I get through to the seat selection page when I use my AA account so apparently it would allow me to buy the ticket using that, but when I try to clear that information and enter all my personal info including the BA ff number, when I try to move forward, I get the 'This page has flown' message.

I've cleared cache, used different browsers etc. to no avail.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by kabroui
Is anyone having issues booking flights using a BAEC account number? I've tried several different combinations of flights (PHX-ELP, PHX-FAT etc. on different dates). I get through to the seat selection page when I use my AA account so apparently it would allow me to buy the ticket using that, but when I try to clear that information and enter all my personal info including the BA ff number, when I try to move forward, I get the 'This page has flown' message.

I've cleared cache, used different browsers etc. to no avail.
Yes, just now. Two different computers, two different browsers on each computer. It gets to seat selection if I use my AA#. But putting in my BA# either logged in or as a guest, I get an error message.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Just now looking at award travel JFK to LHR one-way while logged in on aa.com. May 2, 2021.

Main cabin 30K
Premium Economy 48K
Business 300K (!)

Uh, I think I'll have to stick to Premium Economy

Last edited by Middle_Seat; Jun 12, 2020 at 7:19 pm
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:46 pm

Is the website extremely slow? There's a lag when logging in, searching for flights, booking flights, etc. etc. Is anyone else experiencing this or just me?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
AAdvantage booking

Trying to book an award flight for next year. AA site errors on booking. "All circuits are busy" when I call, whatever that means.

What is this junk? Does anyone have a phone number that works?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 5:11 pm

What date and flights are you trying to book?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
If the call didn't go through, it might be on your side if you're calling from a cell phone. Cell phone companies -- particularly T-mobile -- have had major outages all afternoon and evening. If major circuits are out, that could prevent your call from ever even getting to American.
seigex likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Yes, just now. Two different computers, two different browsers on each computer. It gets to seat selection if I use my AA#. But putting in my BA# either logged in or as a guest, I get an error message.
Still happening. Workaround was to omit the BAEC# when booking as a guest, then after ticketing go back into the record and add it.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 10:08 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Still happening. Workaround was to omit the BAEC# when booking as a guest, then after ticketing go back into the record and add it.
glad i looked here because i was going crazy trying to book a quick LAX-SFO flight for next month but with my BAEC number and kept getting that stupid plane error page.

so, it has still be doing this for the past week i've attempted to buy this ticket!
Old Jul 4, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Trying to book a simple domestic award but I want to input my AY+ number to select MCE for free. This has never been an issue to clear the passenger data and enter everything from scratch. Will be very effing annoying to have to call now to book and select the seats.

EDIT: What happens is that after I click next after the pax data, I get the "This page has taken flight" error with the ironic slogan "A world of possibilities is within your reach". Yeah right I can't even book the ticket so what possibilities?
Old Aug 1, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
AA app error (to merge)

Is anyone else experiencing errors within the AA app? I've been getting an error code for over a week now and have already logged out logged in and just now tried reinstalling. Anyone else
?
Old Aug 1, 2020, 10:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by miadukes
Is anyone else experiencing errors within the AA app? I've been getting an error code for over a week now and have already logged out logged in and just now tried reinstalling. Anyone else
?
iOS or Android?
Old Aug 1, 2020, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
What kind of error?

I just opened mine on Android and it seems to be fine.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
iOS or Android?
on Android, it just keeps giving me an error pop up that says Error please try again or come back later

Eta the app seems to work fine as long as i don't log in, it starts erroring out once i log in

Last edited by miadukes; Aug 1, 2020 at 2:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.