Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 2 class Domestic US50 First re-coded as J, D, I, R, C Nov 12, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA two class First in US 50 states have been recoded to J, D, I, R and C

AA has announced two class USA 50 states First class will be recoded as D, J and I. To occur 12 Nov 2016, simultaneously with the next schedule change, tickets for travel 11 Jan 2017 and later will be reissued to show the new coding (JonNYC). (The seating and service will remain as it is now; only coding will be changed to allow future coding for AA's new Premium Economy class.)

The current "F" cabin on two class US50 will be changed to "C"

F will be recoded to J
A will be recoded to D (discount F)
P will be recoded to I

X will be recoded as R
A will be recoded as C (upgrade)

c/o BoardingArea

See "American Airlines Memo Details New Fare Booking Classes to Support Sale of Premium Economy" by Gary Leff on October 13, 2016 link

Updates by sensei; updated by JDiver 14 Nov 2016

Print Wikipost

AA 2 class Domestic US50 First re-coded as J, D, I, R, C Nov 12, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
It looks like the "Your upgrade is confirmed" emails have changed to indicate that you are upgraded to Business on domestic 2-cabin flights. The older email format did not indicate the class of service for the upgrade.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by newbiztraveler
It looks like the "Your upgrade is confirmed" emails have changed to indicate that you are upgraded to Business on domestic 2-cabin flights. The older email format did not indicate the class of service for the upgrade.
To me that sounds like a mistake.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Hate to bump this old thread, but have a question. Is "X" still used as a fare code for AA? I'm assuming yes, for some form or First (Along with F, A, P) where there is a true 3 or 4 cabin flight - a few transcons and 77W International flights. But I don't think it is ever used for a Sticker upgrade anymore. Before the change, Econ -> next cabin was "X" - EXCEPT for 3-class domestic transcons and then it was "R". Now I believe they are all "R" (as there is no sticker option to move J -> F)

Asking because of a discussion I'm having with another. Thanks to any who can look a recent upgraded transcon BP and confirm code!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Transcon upgrades using 500 mile or complementary upgrades from Y -> J show "R" on a boarding pass. I know because I cleared using stickers a few months ago when I was Platinum. Millage Upgrades or Systemwide Upgrades going from Y -> J ticket in "C". Millage Upgrades or Systemwide Upgrades going from J -> F ticket in "A".
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by donotblink
Transcon upgrades using 500 mile or complementary upgrades from Y -> J show "R" on a boarding pass. I know because I cleared using stickers a few months ago when I was Platinum. Millage Upgrades or Systemwide Upgrades going from Y -> J ticket in "C". Millage Upgrades or Systemwide Upgrades going from J -> F ticket in "A".
Exactly as I thought. Thanks. One clarification please as it is the point I'm arguing: Was the Transcon sold as 3-class when you upgraded to Business from Econ and got "R". This is my point because someone else is claiming AA uses "X" for that. I believe "X" is only some special circumstances (and sill a first class bucket for 3-class flights) and no longer for stickers. Ever.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No longer for regular stickers ever; AA only sells first class fares on 3- (now mostly 4-class) international flights and the 3-class transcons — none of which allow sticker upgrades. I suppose an op-up to F could show up in X. At one point X was used for corporate upgrade certs (for my company it was for Int’l F), I assume that’s still the case, but AA is no longer a preferred carrier for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.