FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA 2 class Domestic US50 First re-coded as J, D, I, R, C Nov 12, 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1792853-aa-2-class-domestic-us50-first-re-coded-j-d-i-r-c-nov-12-2016-a.html)

JonNYC Sep 24, 2016 6:43 pm

AA 2 class Domestic US50 First re-coded as J, D, I, R, C Nov 12, 2016

Domestic non-transcon F to be booked as/info J-- will still be branded/marketed as "first" however.

International and 3-cabin transcon will still book as/into F

jay_dubya Sep 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 27258929)
Domestic non-transcon F to be booked as/info J-- will still be branded/marketed as "first" however.

International and 3-cabin transcon will still book as/into F

Does this mean saver awards will book into U - and that avios will only charge double for shorter flights?
When does this go into effect?

nyc6035 Sep 24, 2016 7:09 pm

...so I assume awards will now book into U instead of Z - and perhaps the cost of awards with BA Avios will decrease?

JonNYC Sep 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Please note that title should read "re-coded" not recorded.

The current thinking (others, not mine) is that no, this will not decrease the cost of domestic F awards using avios, but I don't personally have those details.

oysterhead43 Sep 24, 2016 7:26 pm

What's the implication?

JonNYC Sep 24, 2016 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by oysterhead43 (Post 27259021)
What's the implication?

My read is simply that due to the moving of -P- to premium economy, this was simply a way of making up for the lack of that bucket in controlling first class inventory/pricing.

I'm not as this juncture aware of any noteable impact on members, although I won't be surprised if I'm missing one/them.

FlyerTalker37 Sep 24, 2016 7:42 pm

What's the implication?

The mileage accrual on other OW programs will be in that case lowered if the code is J instead of F

JonNYC Sep 24, 2016 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jeff_ (Post 27259063)
The mileage accrual on other OW programs will be in that case lowered if the code is J instead of F

That appears, to me at this point, to be the biggest impact of this change.

sdix Sep 24, 2016 7:59 pm

What's the implication?

That they finally acknowledge they do not have a First Class product?

JonNYC Sep 24, 2016 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by sdix (Post 27259103)
That they finally acknowledge they do not have a First Class product?

No, I really don't think that comes into play here at all.

metallo Sep 24, 2016 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 27259033)
My read is simply that due to the moving of -P- to premium economy, this was simply a way of making up for the lack of that bucket in controlling first class inventory/pricing.

I'm not as this juncture aware of any noteable impact on members, although I won't be surprised if I'm missing one/them.

I wonder whether there will be any impact on availability of upgrade awards (that currently book into 'A').

Also, any idea on the timeline for implementing the change?

BlissWorld Sep 24, 2016 8:10 pm

The biggest change of this will be the upgrade bucket changing from a shared revenue/non-award booking class "A," which is usually abundant and confirmable without any issues, to the elusive non-"revenue" bucket, "C," like international business class upgrade, which is far less available. Bravo, AA, Bravo!

ESpen36 Sep 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Probably much easier when trying to coordinate partner/OW itineraries, given that others have Business as the premium cabin on 2-cabin services.

sensei Sep 24, 2016 8:13 pm

R will replace X. Hence, C will likely replace A.

Originally Posted by metallo (Post 27259125)
I wonder whether there will be any impact on availability of upgrade awards (that currently book into 'A').

elitetraveler Sep 24, 2016 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 27259086)
That appears, to me at this point, to be the biggest impact of this change.

I suppose this means BAEC TP runners will receive J rather than F TPs?