Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX-HKG 777-300ER / 77W discussion, issues, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
upgrade for Nov 23 is finally confirmed after waitlisting since end of Jan.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Upgrade for HKG-LAX clear just past the T-24. Guess they didn't want any meal requests from me. LOL Got the seat I was eyeing after all 3 A. now I've been all of the mini cabin seats..
teemuflyer and 355F1 like this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
First time I requested Mileage and CoPay upgrade. I request about 3M ago, approx 48 hours till wheels up, and according to EP approx J13. This is the 1st time I did Mileage and Copay, since in the past always used SWU's but this year I am only a Plat Pro.... I am not optimistic, a few days ago it was J30, so they must of sold or upgraded many people already... Crossing my fingers I got upgraded... Will update if I do or do not get upgraded.

Last edited by get0ffdanutzz; Nov 25, 2019 at 1:33 pm
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:00 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Upgrade for HKG-LAX clear just past the T-24. Guess they didn't want any meal requests from me. LOL Got the seat I was eyeing after all 3 A. now I've been all of the mini cabin seats..
I've been waitlisted for 8 months for my HKG-LAX flight next week. LoL
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:26 pm

get0ffdanutzz and 355F1 (sorry, I can never seem to get the "multi-quote" to work as intended)

Good luck to you both! I have to prepare to book yet another trip to HKG next month as I received marching orders today. Wish me luck as well!! Handed out several "Thank You" vouchers to/from HKG on last trip. FA's went above and beyond that were serving my aisles. They really appreciated it too.
355F1 likes this.

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Nov 25, 2019 at 8:39 pm Reason: multi-quote not working
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:50 am
IHG Contributor Badge

HKG-LAX finally auto-cleared T-72 after 8-month waitlist.

J cabin is wide-open still, nothing released to EF yet.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
HKG-LAX finally auto-cleared T-72 after 8-month waitlist.

J cabin is wide-open still, nothing released to EF yet.
I was auto-cleared at T-72 today as well for LAX-HKG. Earlier this month I cleared at the T-24 with the same number of open seats (12) in EF for HKG-LAX. I'm beginning to think that seat maps on EF aren't going to show you true availability as some passengers might have not selected their seats assignments up until they check in. EF alerts never triggered on either of my two upgrade attempts.

As an experiment I set an alert for each day in one week for AA192 HKG-LAX "C" availability prior to my flight departure date. Only received the EF alert for one day out of seven which was T-48.
Zacnlinc and 355F1 like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by KenGreen888
As an experiment I set an alert for each day in one week for AA192 HKG-LAX "C" availability prior to my flight departure date. Only received the EF alert for one day out of seven which was T-48.

Nice experiment... I'm still believing in my own conspiracy theory as mentioned a few posts above.... AA working behind the scenes and only post C space processing upgrades... Hard to think that EF sweeps didn't catch C spaced but only once during you week long experiment.

Anyway.... Just starting to eye heading back to HKG myself within a couple weeks.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I think a specific problem with EF is not that they don't necessarily detect the C space availability, but rather the email notifications don't work properly or fast enough. I have seen the C space several times come and go while I am logged into EF, but never got the actual email notification. So I see the actual C space appearing on EF, sometimes lasting from 15 minutes to several hours, but no email, or the email comes an hour late. So, the alerts are inadequate, you have to supplement with manual checks, IMO.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:43 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nk15
I think a specific problem with EF is not that they don't necessarily detect the C space availability, but rather the email notifications don't work properly or fast enough. I have seen the C space several times come and go while I am logged into EF, but never got the actual email notification. So I see the actual C space appearing on EF, sometimes lasting from 15 minutes to several hours, but no email, or the email comes an hour late. So, the alerts are inadequate, you have to supplement with manual checks, IMO.
Based on my many experiences with this I agree with you 100%. Which is why I constantly check my EF Alerts 2-3 times per day.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15
Originally Posted by 355F1
Based on my many experiences with this I agree with you 100%. Which is why I constantly check my EF Alerts 2-3 times per day.
i think simply put, when EF is doing monitoring for "X" inventory per an account (generic X, not specifically that code), these queries are run on scheduled intervals in batch mode, not as continuous queries. Whereas when an account user logs in and does a query, it becomes a real time request and results are returned on the inventory as it is at that time. If some inventory becomes available between the scheduled queries and then is used, it will never show up for the monitored requests.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
i think simply put, when EF is doing monitoring for "X" inventory per an account (generic X, not specifically that code), these queries are run on scheduled intervals in batch mode, not as continuous queries. Whereas when an account user logs in and does a query, it becomes a real time request and results are returned on the inventory as it is at that time. If some inventory becomes available between the scheduled queries and then is used, it will never show up for the monitored requests.
So the problem is the queries in batch mode, then. In some cases this doesn't matter, but in other cases I have live monitored C availability to last 15 minutes.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: AA
arrival lounge?

Flying tonight LAX-HKG in Business (R). What access to an arrival lounge will I have if I need to get showered/etc? Im PPRO if it makes a difference.

Thanks,
robinsondg
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by robinsondg
Flying tonight LAX-HKG in Business (R). What access to an arrival lounge will I have if I need to get showered/etc? Im PPRO if it makes a difference.

Thanks,
robinsondg
Unfortunately none regardless of status, class of service flown etc. CX used to have one, but it was closed, but it was reserved for CX business and F pax only even back then. Now it is closed.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA: EXP Hilton: Gold, SPG: Gold, Hyatt: Plat
There are public showers available before immigration. Not the most glamorous option but they are there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.