Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA.com now itemizing account EQM / EQS (13 Jul 2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com now itemizing account EQM / EQS (13 Jul 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by HNL
But the Feb Statement includes all January activity. But like others I would like the ability to go back to any period of time.
Originally Posted by akcae
Are you sure about that? Mine shows 1/18 as the first activity date. It's possible I had nothing post before that, as my first flight this year was later in the month, but there's normally CC posts, shopping portals, etc.
It doesn't show all the activity for January. I believe the statement runs from the 8th of the month. My first activity shown is 1/10/16 but I know I had earlier activity as my first flight of the year was on 1/1/16.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Just logged onto my account on AA.com and noticed that EQMs and EQSs are now shown by flight. Finally. ^
Cool! But why bother with EQSs, I wonder. It's always going to be 1 per flight, no? Unless for those "through" flights, where despite a stop the flight number doesn't change, they at least credit you with 2 segments?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Cool! But why bother with EQSs, I wonder. It's always going to be 1 per flight, no? Unless for those "through" flights, where despite a stop the flight number doesn't change, they at least credit you with 2 segments?
In theory, you could have EQMs without EQSs--e.g., from certain credit card spend. Also, I believe a through flight is counted as 1 EQS, not two.

But yes, in general, I agree that the EQS information is probably redundant.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Wow. Clears up a lot of discrepancies.

The one remaining "glitch" I have picked up relates to multipliers on flights below 500 miles. Rules say multipliers should apply to 500 mile minimum (for elites).
  1. For a domestic F <500miles, the new EQM shown is <1000miles. However, after a lot of triple- and quadruple-checking, I can see that my total mileage reflects the correct 1000 miles. So summing these new EQMs will not necessarily equal your total.
  2. For a couple of deep discount IB flights (<500miles) credited to AA, they do seem to have followed the rules as currently written: 250 miles (0.5 x 500 minimum) showing for both flights.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by ashill
I was being entirely positive! The last four digits of the ticket number do in fact now appear on my AAdvantage history, which I find potentially helpful.
Except that it seems to only do that for AA-marketed flights. I had a several-leg trip purchased from AA where one leg was not AA-marketed. Ended up flying 2 non-AA-marketed due to IROPS. I now see the (same) ticket number for all AA-marketed legs and none for the non-AA. Very odd.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by nrr
There is a base miles column (as before) and a new EQM/EQS col.; the base miles col. is totaled, but the EQM/EQS is not.
Segments < 500, (say 250), show as 250 in the BM col and 500 in the EQM/EQS--nice to "officially" see this.
Would have been nice indeed, but if it does still apply, it applies to AA flights only. I can now see why there's been a relatively small but growing discrepancy between my expected and posted EQMs since June (even made me phone AAdvantage to ask whether the EQMs had not posted for certain flights). As I can now see, the reason is that starting in June, BA flights no longer yield a minimum of 500 EQM. The new minimum seems to be 250 (still getting 500+500 RDMs). Very disappointing, but as I don't believe it was ever official policy, I guess they can just change it quietly all they like.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Except that it seems to only do that for AA-marketed flights. I had a several-leg trip purchased from AA where one leg was not AA-marketed. Ended up flying 2 non-AA-marketed due to IROPS. I now see the (same) ticket number for all AA-marketed legs and none for the non-AA. Very odd.
Strange, on my account, I see the last four digits on all legs, even ones that are not AA-marketed. Even the LAN flights I took last month that I credited to AA, which were purchased through LAN with LAN flight numbers, display the last four digits.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thumbs up

Nice feature. I actually caught a small error in one of my recent flights, so this feature is already paying off. ^

Hope they add it for EQDs too, which will be much harder to track than EQM and RDM.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Would have been nice indeed, but if it does still apply, it applies to AA flights only. I can now see why there's been a relatively small but growing discrepancy between my expected and posted EQMs since June (even made me phone AAdvantage to ask whether the EQMs had not posted for certain flights). As I can now see, the reason is that starting in June, BA flights no longer yield a minimum of 500 EQM. The new minimum seems to be 250 (still getting 500+500 RDMs). Very disappointing, but as I don't believe it was ever official policy, I guess they can just change it quietly all they like.
Another discovery: JL flights, too, don't yield a minimum of 500 EQM. Moreover, they don't even yield a minimum of 500 RDMs — I just earned actual mileage in both instances.

EDITED: Never mind, I've discovered they were never actually part of the minimum mileage guarantee.

Last edited by Passmethesickbag; Jul 18, 2016 at 12:49 am
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:35 am

Another discovery: JL flights, too, don't yield a minimum of 500 EQM. Moreover, they don't even yield a minimum of 500 RDMs — I just earned actual mileage in both instances.

EDITED: Never mind, I've discovered they were never actually part of the minimum mileage guarantee.
If you're talking about miles -- RDM and EQM -- you've already earned, note that the new rates don't matter because they don't take effect until Aug 1.

Also, remember that the guarantee will continue for EQM but not RDM at that point.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 9:20 am

If you're talking about miles -- RDM and EQM -- you've already earned, note that the new rates don't matter because they don't take effect until Aug 1.

Also, remember that the guarantee will continue for EQM but not RDM at that point.
Yes, but my point was that the minimum EQM earning with BA (and presumably the other participating partners) has already been removed. They could do this at any time because, as far as I understand, it was never published.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:21 am

It was, and still is, published on the Elite benefits page.

I'm curious to know what you're seeing to support "the minimum EQM earning with BA (and presumably the other participating partners) has already been removed".

Others have pointed to changes in the way the guarantee works when the CoS multiplier is small, but that:

- is not partner-only
- is not a removal but a weakening

Is that the change that led to your claim?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:38 am

It was, and still is, published on the Elite benefits page.

I'm curious to know what you're seeing to support "the minimum EQM earning with BA (and presumably the other participating partners) has already been removed".

Others have pointed to changes in the way the guarantee works when the CoS multiplier is small, but that:

- is not partner-only
- is not a removal but a weakening

Is that the change that led to your claim?
What I'm seeing is my online AAdvantage statement, now adorned with EQM information. All discount economy short-haul flights with BA up until 5/9 earned 500 EQMs. The same type of flights have earned 250 EQMs from 6/1 onwards (in four instances to date).

This is not likely to be pertinent for my own requalification this year, but I do find it quite naughty to do it without any notification.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:11 pm

What I'm seeing is my online AAdvantage statement, now adorned with EQM information. All discount economy short-haul flights with BA up until 5/9 earned 500 EQMs. The same type of flights have earned 250 EQMs from 6/1 onwards (in four instances to date).

This is not likely to be pertinent for my own requalification this year, but I do find it quite naughty to do it without any notification.
"Naughty" indeed. Ok, so we are talking about the weakening of the guarantee for low-multiplier rates. Which I think applies across all carriers including AA?

ETA: It's irrelevant to AA earning because the multiplier is never less than 1. D'oh.

Last edited by SpammersAreScum; Jul 18, 2016 at 1:24 pm Reason: Cancelling meaningless question
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
Data Point: My 10,000 miles from the Citi Exec MC posted and for the first time ever I can see it as a line item.

Too bad I don't need them this year unless I somehow hit 150k EQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.