Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.

• In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money, trading for SWU with different expiry or another airline’s instruments, or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.

• Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.

• Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).

• Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).

• This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)

• If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

For obsolete posts, please see ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo) (link).

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators[/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, United
Exclamation 2 SVU Giveaway - Expiring Tomorrow

I was in hopes they would extend those for my flight with my Fiancee on February 01, but they said no . So I would love to see someone having those and not letting it rot. If interested, please send me your full name and reservation code of flights leaving today or tomorrow. Will give preference to the furthest flights in case more than one interested shows up. Please send me your info to ssferry <at> hotmail.com and I will reply in a few hours confirming your upgrade after calling them.
Flight must depart today or tomorrow, do not bother to send requests for later dates.

Hope this will help someone to travel better,

Sergio

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 31, 2018 at 2:20 pm Reason: Alter email address to reduce spider harvesting
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA PPro, DL Gold, UA Silver, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Sergio Ferry
I was in hopes they would extend those for my flight with my Fiancee on February 01, but they said no . So I would love to see someone having those and not letting it rot. If interested, please send me your full name and reservation code of flights leaving today or tomorrow. Will give preference to the furthest flights in case more than one interested shows up. Please send me your info to ssferry <at> hotmail.com and I will reply in a few hours confirming your upgrade after calling them.
Flight must depart today or tomorrow, do not bother to send requests for later dates.

Hope this will help someone to travel better,

Sergio
Call back, I believe there have been recent reports where others were able to apply them to confirmed flights past 1/31. Depends on the agent and YMMV I suppose, but then again, it could just be for those who have higher helix scores where the rules can be bent for them. *Shrugs
aztimm likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 31, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
I have 3 SWUs left expiring next week! Unlike all these crazy rules people are trying to feel powerful and restrictive, the only rule I have is that there is C space available on the flight. Bottom line, even if you want to fly as short as Los Angeles to Las Vegas, the upgrade is yours if it can be applied immediately. I really don't care who you are or where you are flying. PM me with details and screenshot of upgrade space availability.

thank you - makes much more sense. Crazy how some people come up with silly rules thinking they are somehow creating value for SWUs. What should matter is that they are used before they expire. Who cares what conditions they meet!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:24 pm

Thanks for your reply and advice @FobbyFlyer. Tried several times, some tried with their supervisor, some straight said no because validity, some said no based that I didn't renew my status for this year (of course, had a major issue last year with AA and stopped flying since them). Both SVP are still available.
FobbyFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum
Short notice here too, but I have one SWU to give away, expires 1/31. Like others have noted, please make sure there is C inventory to use on a long haul route before contacting me.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by FobbyFlyer
Call back, I believe there have been recent reports where others were able to apply them to confirmed flights past 1/31. Depends on the agent and YMMV I suppose, but then again, it could just be for those who have higher helix scores where the rules can be bent for them. *Shrugs
Yes, I've heard the same, from several people.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million, AA EXP, Marriott TITANIUM
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
I have 3 SWUs left expiring next week! Unlike all these crazy rules people are trying to feel powerful and restrictive, the only rule I have is that there is C space available on the flight. Bottom line, even if you want to fly as short as Los Angeles to Las Vegas, the upgrade is yours if it can be applied immediately. I really don't care who you are or where you are flying. PM me with details and screenshot of upgrade space availability.
Thank you for offering this without long-haul requirements! I sent you a PM.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
One more SWU to give away

One more SWU in my account that will expire tomorrow night. Please send me PM if you can use it!

Last edited by BA Baracus; Jan 30, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: Former DL Diamond, now Plat. Marriott lifetime Plat. Former AA EXP
Apparently I have 1 SWU expiring TODAY (Jan 30). My gift to whoever is the first to ask for it
UPDATE: Claimed. AA wouldn't let me apply it to a 2/5 reservation, but they did for 1/31

Last edited by HITconsultant; Jan 30, 2018 at 8:04 pm
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
ONE SWU LEFT!!! as of 9:30 PM PST!!

Please PM me asap with the flight details and confirmation of C inventory! I don't care how long or short the flight is! I only have a few hours tonight to get this sorted otherwise it wont happen until tomorrow sometime which is cutting it close to expiring!!! I had given all of mine away until one of the people's travel plans changed and I finally got it redeposited back into my account hopefully in time to help someone else out! And so if you had already messaged me in previous days when I most likely had none available, please message me again!

Travel must occur by tomorrow!!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by thois
Still at least 1 last minute SWU left.
1 SWU still left, if someone have any AA flight today with C availability send me PM with PNR and name
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:43 am

AA 125 DFW-HKG is showing C1 right now...Anyone with expiring SWUs might want to just call in over the next couple hours and see if they'll upgrade a stranger. Great way to use it up on a random act of kindness!

If they'll allow it, other flights with C availability as of time of posting:

DFW-LHR
AA 50 C7
AA 78 C7

DFW-CDG
AA 48 C5

DFW-EZE
AA 997 C2

DFW- MAD
AA 36 C1

DFW-PEK
AA 263 C1

DFW-PVG
AA 127 C7

JFK-GRU
AA 951 C7

Last edited by DMPHL; Jan 31, 2018 at 5:52 am
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP.

seriously want to thank this thread for upgrading myself and the parents specifically a big thank you to AG.Canada! Off to Tokyo we go!
JDiver, DMPHL and zpaul like this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:46 pm

Still have one left for someone flying today with C space available. PM me.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:39 pm

Exclamation Please send INfo

Originally Posted by DMPHL
AA 125 DFW-HKG is showing C1 right now...Anyone with expiring SWUs might want to just call in over the next couple hours and see if they'll upgrade a stranger. Great way to use it up on a random act of kindness!

If they'll allow it, other flights with C availability as of time of posting:

DFW-LHR
AA 50 C7
AA 78 C7

DFW-CDG
AA 48 C5

DFW-EZE
AA 997 C2

DFW- MAD
AA 36 C1

DFW-PEK
AA 263 C1

DFW-PVG
AA 127 C7

JFK-GRU
AA 951 C7
Please send First / last name and reservation code to my email so I can call them and help with the SWP: ssferry <at> hotmail.com

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 31, 2018 at 2:19 pm Reason: Edit to reduce spider harvesting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.